Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 308GTBi since a couple of month! Since a while now my speedometer stops working sporadically! Sometimes I drive and it works fine and then all of a sudden it stops working completely and the other way around! I've had the tach checked and it seemed not to be the problem but I'm not really sure. I've also heard that the speedometer in the 308 tends to act up. Since I don't want to start changing parts to chase the problem I would be glad to hear from someone who experienced the same problem!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I have a 308GTBi since a couple of month! Since a while now my speedometer stops working sporadically! Sometimes I drive and it works fine and then all of a sudden it stops working completely and the other way around! I've had the tach checked and it seemed not to be the problem but I'm not really sure. I've also heard that the speedometer in the 308 tends to act up. Since I don't want to start changing parts to chase the problem I would be glad to hear from someone who experienced the same problem!

Thanks!

Typical sender problem. On the crank, Not exactly sure on the 308, there is a sender unit. Very little cost issue. Replace the screw in part and should be good to go. Call Ricambiusa.com and get the part. Matter of fact, they should be able to walk you through all that you need.

However, check your fuse board too as electrical can cause some gremlins. Might want to even replace the entire fuse board with a better than OEM one.

There is also a chip, in that unit which may be rebuilt or repaired: http://www.paspeedo.com/

check all lose connections, but, in a way I'm saying the obvious and easier start would be the sender, IF, and this is where I can be off, the 308 has that as in older models.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I have the same problem. It is the sending unit. The sending units on a QV are identified by a large brass nut with contact wires coming out of the bottom of it. It sits down underneath the car and screws into the transmission case. As far as being cheap it isn't. last time I checked it was about $300 U.S.

Granucci makes some good points also though. The OEM fusebox in a 308 sux. Upgrade to Birdmans fusebox if you haven't already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts