Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am a new member, Dino246gt, I had a 1971 for 9 years, but sold it in 1987. Now after 20 years I can barely afford another Ferrari, so the 308 is the model for me, and I prefer the Berlinetta over the Spyder. I am serious about buying one, preferably the i or qv version in good condition, I don't want a rebuilder. I am not willing to pay top dollar, but I will pay $30K US. I live in Canada, so I have to import one from the US. Please help me, heeheehee...........Ciao, Dennis (Dino246gt)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hey Dennis,

Welcome to the forum, great place here. I also live in Canada, about 10 miles from Ottawa. A 308 GTB is kind of rare here but there are a few for sale now and then. You can find a GTB in the US for around 30K but the import fees will kill you. Expect to pay another 10-15K in fees, taxes and permits. And God forbid if it doesn’t pass Canadian DOT inspections and if you live in Quebec….forget it!

Personally I would not import if your on a budget of 30K, what classifieds are you looking at to try and find a GTB in Canada ? Also summer is just around the corner and the amount of cars for sale almost triples. Of yeah and people tend to way over price their cars, I have seen quite a few for sale for over 4 years in a row so im sure you can do some serious dealing.

~

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I DID get a 308 GTBi, 1982, Black on red, manufactured late 1981, NO DUTIES, over 25 years old!!! Had it picked up by TFX Toronto, and it is being shipped to Winnipeg, but this week, it's getting very cold again, so maybe next week! Ciao!! Dino246gt maybe I'll have to change my "stage name" heeheehee

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Cool, make sure you post pictures...

What was the price of the car and how much did TFX Toronto charge you ???

~

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Congrats on the new car!! Like Magnum said, post some pictures!

maybe I'll have to change my "stage name" heeheehee
I've got one I'll sell you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts