Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Does anyone know where i may be able to get part No 111838 from, its the cover/shield which fixes to the bodywork to protect over the distributor area, I have tried Ferrari U.K. and Eurospares but this part is no longer available. I would also be interested in a second-hand one if one is available.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Al
Many thanks for the offer, the only problem is getting one to copy/template/measure, the part i need is shown on the attached picture (with the "high voltage" sticker on it), so if anyone out there can help in any way that would be great.
Regards

Phil

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Where'd that part come from?? My '79 GTS has two distributors with rubber boots on them. Why does your GTB only have one distributor? Actually, I assume that car is not yours since you are looking for the part.

The shield looks like it is there just to protect against rainwater (instead of the rubber boot). As long as the cap and wires are in good shape you won't have any problems leaving this cover off (even in the rain). I've never seen a 308 with that shield on it before. If it was stock on the '79 308, they all were probably removed by the first mechanic that worked on the car and never re-installed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Capt Pete
The car is mine, but i noticed that there were 3 studs coming out of the bodywork with nothing fixed onto them, so i delved a little further ,the parts list and one or two pictures gave me the answer.

Phil

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hmm...Odd. I just went out and looked at my car and it doesn't have the studs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello,
Here is a list of contact I had when I was looking for a part no longer available (post: http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5798 ):

[email protected] (www.ferraripartsexchange)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (www.allferrariparts.com)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (www.italianauto.com)
[email protected] (www.eurospares.co.uk)
[email protected]
[email protected] (www.4ferrarispares.com)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (www.qv-london.com)
[email protected]
[email protected]

and finally I get it from Scuderia Rossa (sponsor of Ferrari Life) NOS but goldmade!!

I would be interest to have it as well if you post your result because I don't have it on my car...
Jephma

1 - 8 of 8 Posts