Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to bother some with what maybe is such an easy task, but I'm replacing the mirrors on my 308. By my first look is that they are done from the inside, but I have never taken my panel off. I just want to know if there is any tricks that I need to know (or hidden screw that I might miss). It has happened more than once when initially taking something off that I break it by missing a screw/bolt.

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
6,210 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to bother some with what maybe is such an easy task, but I'm replacing the mirrors on my 308. By my first look is that they are done from the inside, but I have never taken my panel off. I just want to know if there is any tricks that I need to know (or hidden screw that I might miss). It has happened more than once when initially taking something off that I break it by missing a screw/bolt.

Thanks
Scott
If you have the flag mirrors, you will not have to take the door panel to remove the mirrors. Just remove the plastic pieces, pry them out carefully, they have little tabs, that hold them in place, that can break easy. As Ric said three screws and the plug for the electric and they come right off. Make sure you secure the electric plug so it does not fall down in the door.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm no expert on the 3x8 Series, BUT remember this being very simple. You did not state what GTB year. '78, 80' '81?

The inside panel is easy off, and there re three screws holding the mirror.

Try here for some help: http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partTable.asp?M=1&Mo=677&A=2&B=39959&S=

here is an '81 GTBi
Thanks, something off topic here but I used to live in Sonoma Country (I see that you live there Ganucci, and Gcalo in Nor Cal), then Marin County before moving back to Canada. I worked for a race team based at Infineon Raceway. I really like it down there, and look forward to visiting it again. Thanks for everyone's help.
Scott

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Rik is in Somoma; I am in Danville.

Rik always has a happy smile on his face because he's closer to the wine in Napa!

I don't always have the happy smile!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts