Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Have just replaced the battery on my early GT4 (Euro) with a new Optima red top battery. After a brisk 90min run, battery was vvvhot and in spite of being a sealed unit, sweating. About to start troubleshooting but wanted to see if anyone had experienced anything similar or had a brilliant idea. Obvious ? is whether voltage regulator is doing its job. THX[/b]

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sounds to me either like overcharging or an internal short. Checking it & the charging system out with a meter should help decide it.

BYW, welcome to the forum sanfrandino :D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
A battery should not get hot or sweat. You have a problem that needs immediate attention. You also may have a potential fire hazard. Take this car to the garage now!

·
Registered
65 Posts
HOT BATTERY.

HI, SORRY BUT YOU ARE IN DANGER MY FRIEND. I EXPERIENCE THAT BY MY FIAT DINO, THE BATTERY WAS SO HOT THAT YOU CANNOT TOUCH
IT BY YOUR HANDS AND IN THE WORSE WAY IT WILL EXPLODED.
IN MY CASE IT WAS THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR THE BEST IS TO RENEW IT. OR IF YOU CAN OPENED IT AND CLEAN THE CONTACT POINTS WITH A SOFT ZAND PAPER SOMETIMES IT WILL HELPS. BUT RENEWING IS THE BEST AND MORE SAFE . ALL THE BEST ROB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts