Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone?,
Does anyone have the aftermarket 16" 308 replica wheels or the modular GTO style aftermarkets on their car? If so, I would love to get some info on pros and cons, and if possible a high res digital shot of the 16's. I need to move on new tires and wheels and I really want to stay with an original Ferrari 1985 look to replace my Euro TRX/390's. I'm just afraid the aftermarkets are cheesy copies.
Any help is appreciated.
THANX,
Luigi :( :(

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Yes I do but they are not replica wheels. I don't know what exactly they are so I hope I never have to replace one. I have 205/55ZR16 with a 7" rim up front and 225/50ZR16 on an 8" rim on the back.

With the smaller sidewall you will notice slightly diminished ride quality, but the handling is awesome. It's a trade off.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wheel sources

Dr. Bob said:
didn't I send you links with 16" wheels?
Dr. Bob,
Yes, I think you did. I know sources for the replicas and the GTO style wheels, but I was looking for experience input or high res pictures of the replicas. Thanx for your help and interest. I am now on a QUEST for genuine QV 16's. If anyone knows of or sees an opportunity please PM me or E-mail.
Thanx
Ciao,
Luigi

·
Registered
62 Posts
My '80 308 has 17" 288 GTO replica wheels on it and it really improves the looks of the car. They came with car when I bought it so I don't know where they came from but I have seen others for sale on the intermet. I thought 17" might be too big but they really look good. I recently replaced the rubber with Pirelli P Zero Nero 235/45 R17 fronts and 245/40 R17 rears and the tires made all the difference in the world for ride and handling. I also have the original 14's but can't imagine actually running them. Good luck
Check out a photo - open post and click "download"
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1159&highlight=

1 - 8 of 8 Posts