Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current 308 GTSi has 16" wheels with Bridgestone SO2s on it and my old car (identical model) had the 390s with Michelin TRXs. I simply cannot believe the difference in the handling when comparing the two cars. On the old car, when going around on the road the car had a "older classic car" feel to the handling. On the track, the TRXs were absolutely useless - slipping around on the first lap when they were cold, the best (for them) on the second lap and by the third lap overheating and giving the most terrible grip.

Admittedly, the Bridgestones are very good (although the SO2 has been discontinued as far as I know) but I was simply shocked at how good the car felt yesterday, both in handling as well as steering feel, when I went out for a nice "burn".

If I had known that the change was so dramatic I would have changed on my old 308 immediatley.

I am interested to hear from any other 308 owners on this.

Regards

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi,

i was tracking the '85 308GTS Qv a lot and went with 17-inch Kinesis rims (8 inch front, 9 rear) and used Mich Pilot Cup rubber for drys, Pilot Sport PS2 for wet. Handles great. Of course the suspension has also been upgraded as has the brakes.

As you know, even with stock brakes and suspension newer formulation rubber on 16-inchers helps versus the old Metric rims and rubber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts