Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's

Just enjoying my new 308 GTS. It needs new tyres. Does anyone have any experience?

Michelin 205/70 VR14 XWX or the TRX?
Pirreli P6?
others?

Thanks!

Hein

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Well now my 308 has aftermarket wheels and I have 16" Firestone Firehawks and I love them. It is 225/50ZR16 on 10" wide rims on the back and 205/55ZR16 on 8" wide rims on the front and I've driven the car a little hard at times and I've never heard these tires squeal in complaint. When it is time, I'll probably get another set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tires, & sizes

Greetings to all fellow Ferrarista!
I bought my current 308 Gt4 fitted with Bridgestone 225/60/14's. Lovely tires, but soooooo wrong for the car. My car is fitted with the beautiful Dino rims. (Wrong, although a factory request option at the time<judges won't hear a word>, but oh, so beautiful!) They are however 7 1/2" as apposed to the correct 7" of the original Gt4 rims.
I have just fitted Pirelli P400's. Also incorrect in terms of speed guaranteed, but what a difference! NOW my car drives as I imagined it to. I was never happy with the gearing and always felt it was the tires. But so many people guaranteed me it will make a negligable difference. WRONG!!!
These cars need exactly the right diameter tire to run as DESIGNED!
These Pirellis are 205/70/14. I would dearly love to be able to fit the oh so beautiful XWX's, but the price! Here in South Africa, $1100 per tire! And to think that when I was a youngster I fitted XWX's to my Alfa Junior without batting an eyelid.......
I love my car.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts