Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Ferrari's (up to now I had only 1960's Porsches) so bear with me. I'm doing the 30,000mi service and am preparing to change the timing belts and tensioner pulleys. I can't find any info on resetting the tension. Should the engine be in a certain timing position (such as 0 degrees)? Should the pulleys be able to be rotated using finger power? Now, the left pulley can be rotated and the right one is tight.

Thanks for any help, Tony

·
Registered
366 Posts
Timing Belts

The service manual covers this pretty well, and I recommend that you get one if you are going to do your own service. Basically, though, it states that you put the belts on at TDC #1, rotate the engine twice in the direction of rotation, and tighten up the tensioners. Pretty straightforward. -Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the workshop manual but didn't find that detail. I'll look through it again. I have downloaded the version from ferrarilife.com and will see if it is a different version than I have.

Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it. On #1 at TDC the tensioners when unloaded release to the correct tension automatically. Just tighten the bolt and it's done.

Much thanks, Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts