Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought, I'm fabricating a new front number plate mounting for the current 308 project in stainless steel as the previous one was actually so rusty it was held together by the number plate!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to make maybe 4 or 5 at the same time, anyone here interested?
I'm not sure if it's identical to the 328 but I'll post a couple of pics next week.
Cheers, Al.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Without seeing the 2 cars together I wouldn't like to say:confused: However, the 308's have a much deeper fromt spoiler than the 328, which is almost flat, so I would guess it's unlikely that the 2 are the same. Probably not very helpful at all:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I might be interested, I've not had my numberplate mount off yet but it doesn't look too clever :D It will probably need some hammerite at least.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I always like to see people making stuff whenever possible even if it's the simplest thing instead of buying new.

Nice work, looks good!

~

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Looks great Al, up to your usual high standards of craftsmanship. Unfortunately, it won't fit the license plates we have here in North America.
I don't display a front plate on my car. I'm required to by regulation, but it ruins the look of the front of the car and I've got no provisions to mount it anyway. The European plates fit the lines of the car better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Al, Yes they do look good, i,m trying to get my 308 GTB back to its original spec, but at the moment my front no. plate is stuck onto the deep front spoiler, when i bought the car, the gentleman gave me the original no. plate mounting bracket, so ive fetched it out and guess what, its badly rusted!!
So if you still have one for sale i would be delighted to have a piece of your excellent workmanship, pm me and i will get the payment off to you asap.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
received the number plate carrier today, well what can i say,-----------its superb.Thank you so much, and thanks also for the prompt delivery
:) :) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts