Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this pic on the net
i assume that this is a prototype or was it a conversion?
any idea about the s/n? history? by who it was made and how many?

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
I think this one featured in Auto, Motor und Sport in the mid eighties in a comparison test with an Audi Cabriolet (might be a Treser conversion). I have the article somewhere, but as you have visitied my place often you know what that means ;-)

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooh boy, let me guess, no idea in witch closet it is i guess?
so it would be pointless of me to ask if you can find it if i still want to know this year :lol:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've found another one:
308 GTBi s/n 35197, but no pic.
Jurgen

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes, one more, but no s/n.
These weren't factory issued, they were aftermarket conversions, the better ones (and most of them) were done by (I think) Straman There are a few chopped TRs and 400s floating around also. I think another company called Lorenz(Switzerland) made a few also.
Rumour goes that Scagietti planned of doing a batch of 25-50 or so of 328 spyders. They've made one, but Enzo said NO and the project was cancelled, the one made remained at Scaglietti.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Dirk,
just did a little search. The last one posted is 308 GTS QV s/n 33181,conversion done by Lorentz.
Jurgen

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm, i think i need to dig on my HD's again, because i think i have that last pic, that one looks familiar :-?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Boxer42 said:
I believe that there are also a few Boxer Spider conversions. I have seen pictures of 1 or 2 inthe US.
I'm waiting for Dirk and DJ to dig those up. I think that will look awful :ugh:

On another note. Do you think these conversions de-value the car or raise the value?

·
Registered
300 Posts
All I can add is,
365 GT4/BB s/n 18145: spyder conversion by Autokraft
365 GT4/BB s/n 18177: targa conversion
512 BB s/n 21901: targa conversion
512 BB s/n 24979: targa conversion
512 BB s/n 31643: spyder conversion
512 BBi s/n 39417: spyder conversion
512 BBi s/n 41189: spyder conversion
512 BBi s/n 47685: targa conversion
IMO opinion this would devaluate the car's value to the purists who like original cars, but one who's looking for something special I think wouldn't.
Jurgen

·
Registered
300 Posts
For the 208 GT 4 spyder:
yesterday Dr Bob send me the pic and s/n. It's 13956, the pic is on the Barchetta site, so can't be used here. It was taken at a Bonhams sale.1993??
Jurgen

1 - 20 of 35 Posts