Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you take a risk on this?

1984 Ferrari 308GTS Qv Targa Coupé
Coachwork by Pininfarina

Chassis no. ZFFLA13B000049125

Estimate: £12,000 - 14,000

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/wspd...ItemNo=3919219&iSaleNo=16246&iSaleSectionNo=2

Representing the 308 in its ultimate, Quattrovalvole form, this left-hand drive example of Ferrari’s first Pininfarina-styled V8 road car was owned in Bologna, Italy and comes with (copy) Italian registration papers (Automobile Club d’Italia Certificato di Proprieta) dated 1996. The car displays a total of 49,351 kilometres on the odometer, while we are advised that the cam belts, clutch and tyres were renewed at 49,000 kilometres. However, its mechanical condition remains unknown. Finished in red with black leather interior and equipped with air conditioning, the car comes complete with space saver spare wheel; jack in leather tool roll; owner’s wallet containing service organisation handbook and guarantee.

It looks like it has been sitting for over a decade.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I wouldn't but only because the steering wheel is in the wrong place.
If it has a full overhaul, belts and hoses replaced, what else is likely to go wrong?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
It looks like a beautiful car, and the price isn't bad. Is there any kind of extended warentee of any sort?

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The warantee is equal to the depth of your wallet.
Ahhh, I had that warentee on my Firebird....it proved to me a bad idea. But I'm sure even after not running for 10 years, it is in better shape then my Firebird was;)

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
It looks in quite good condition, but 19k PLUS commission is too much in my opinion, probably the heat of the moment ala Barrett Jackson.

There were some nice Alfas in that sale, the White Duetto was particularly nice I thought.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It seems like a lot of money considering Mike Wheeler currently has several 308's in at the moment starting at £20K, and no doubt these have been used in the last 12 years. They are also the earlier carb'd versions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts