Registered
465 Posts
Model: 308 GTBi
Year: 1980
Steering: LHD
Chassis number: 32957
Ferrari colour: Nero
Interior colour: Nero

There are not many injected berlinettas to choose from in the United States, but I found one I am happy with. The engine and gearbox were rebuilt (and photodocumented) by Michael Sheehan, as well as the cooling system, at 49k miles. The suspension was completely rebuilt including dampers, springs, control arms, bushes, ball joints, etc., at 66k miles. Brake system was completely redone then, too. The electrics and air conditioning were sorted and upgraded at 70k miles. All of the little things and routine maintenance were attended to along the way, too. Then I bought it at 70,800 miles. A well-sorted car that I have driven with great enjoyment for about a year now. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a question about the 308. There are two styles of vents on the rear section - one style where the vents wrap around a raised section in a horse shoe shape and the other, like mine where there are two separate vents. Does anyone know when which vents are from which years?

Also, my car has a mesh "guard" in the scoops on the doors/quarter panel. Someone said that this was correct for a German spec car. Does anyone have any info on this?

Kind regards

Mike
To elaborate on Branko's answer, the horse shoe arrangement of vents is for cars with catalysts to let the extra heat escape. (i.e., federal cars) I, too, have heard or read somewhere that the wire mesh in the scoops is a German spec thing -- some regulation about the size of holes that can be in the body for the sake of objects flying in. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts