Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all have been kind enough to help me before, I thought I'd give this a shot again.

My brother in law has a euro-spec 308, 20K miles and perfect in every way. I'm the hot rodder in the family and always looking to change things up a bit, so when I came across a photo a few weeks ago of a 308 on 360 wheels and was REALLY impressed with the look.

I told him about it and he wanted to see the pics, but now I can't find them anywhere. Can you help me out here?

Eric

·
Registered
260 Posts
You all have been kind enough to help me before, I thought I'd give this a shot again.

My brother in law has a euro-spec 308, 20K miles and perfect in every way. I'm the hot rodder in the family and always looking to change things up a bit, so when I came across a photo a few weeks ago of a 308 on 360 wheels and was REALLY impressed with the look.

I told him about it and he wanted to see the pics, but now I can't find them anywhere. Can you help me out here?

Eric
I have a set of 360 wheels and tires as well as a set of 550 wheels and tires available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of 360 wheels and tires as well as a set of 550 wheels and tires available.
Thank you, could you shoot me a few photos and prices? I'll pass them along.

I've never been a fan of "custom" wheels on Ferraris (unless they were specifically for racing) but the 308/360 combo just jumped out at me!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I will post the pictures of the wheels on both of my cars (360 and 550) before I had them changed once I get to my office next week. The wheels are currently in storage in another state but let me know if you know anyone who is interested in them.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I would use the tire calculator below to see what the size difference would be.

The OEM 360 tires are 215/45-18 front and 275/40-18 rears.

Put in the size of the 308 tires and you wills ee how it affects the vehicle's gearing and speedo readings.

You will most likely have to adjust tire sizes to get close to that of the 308.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gcalo, duly noted. I build hot rods so final ratio is no mystery to me. Anyone have pics?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Lambo65, I haven't seen the pics of your wheels yet.

Does anyone know of the 308 I'm referring to? Haven't found a THING yet!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Lambo65, I haven't seen the pics of your wheels yet.

Does anyone know of the 308 I'm referring to? Haven't found a THING yet!
If you are going to put 360 wheels on the 308, you will need 4 Front wheels, the 360 rear wheels are to wide and will not fit unless you modified your suspension.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you are going to put 360 wheels on the 308, you will need 4 Front wheels, the 360 rear wheels are to wide and will not fit unless you modified your suspension.
Wow, thank you! I hadn't even considered that, but you may have just save my brother-in-law a LOT of headache!

·
Registered
123 Posts
4 front wheels?

How do you then get six wheels onto a Ferrari- 4 in the front and two in the back!!!
Sicilian way, excuse me let me clarify Mr. Galo, you need TWO Front wheels one on each sideand the other two front to use on rear which makes 2+2 =4 because the 10 1/2 rear wheels of the 360 will not fit and you will need to modify the suspensionLOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts