Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody

I just tried toremove the rear brake disc on the drivers side. I removed the two Screws (13mm wrench) and tried o get the disc off, but it didn't move. othing happend. When i take a look at the parts catalogue, there should be notthing who still holds the disk.
Any idea what i had made wrong ?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hmmm, the only thing I can think of is that the disk is rusted to the hub. Do you live in a place where corrosion is a problem? See if you can get some penetrating oil in there and let it soak for a day or two. I'll look at my car tomorrow and see if we have both missed something. -Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rust was finally the problem, after leave it for about 30h under the pressure of two vice screws and a lot of WD 40 it finally breake loose!:eek:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just checked my car. After taking the two bolts out, the disc fell off. Sorry about your corrosion, but at least you got it. I'm curious, where do you live? -Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Swizerland, about 6 hours from maranello by car and i need new brakes to drive down the alps! :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ich war zwar noch nie auf dem Schilthorn, jedoch oft auf der gegenüberliegenden Seite, im Jungfraugebiet. Woher kommen Sie ?

Gruss Sam:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts