Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...

Really random question to ask... Is it possible to put xeon headlights or something similar on a 1980 308 gtsi? I need it really bad... can't see anything...

Thanks Mike

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hi guys...

Really random question to ask... Is it possible to put xeon headlights or something similar on a 1980 308 gtsi? I need it really bad... can't see anything...

Thanks Mike
I believe you will need to make major modifications to the electrical system to fit Xenon headlights. You might be able to fit higher intensity regular bulbs. There have been a few other posts on this. Suggest you run a search.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Xenon on a 308 will not be possible. You need a projector beam and the pop-up on the 308 will not have enough room to fit this. Plus as Boxer said you'll have to make some major changes to the electrical system. I would look into getting a better Halogen bulb and mirror, this should fix the problem.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
nitenichiryu,

Be sure to check out artie's link. I have seen lots of people post to that site and agree it is the way to go.

artie,

Welcome to the site, thanks for the great post and photo. Looks much brighter!

·
Registered
79 Posts
The answer you were waiting for.........

Hi Nitenichiryu,

I drive with 100 watt lamps in my car :cool:

Bought them on ebay ;)

Now I can see 1,5 km with head beam on in the dark :D

Also put them in my bike, and now I can blend out the rearview mirror form the guy who is anoying me :eek:

Good luck and :drive: save

·
Registered
17 Posts
artie,
Welcome to the site, thanks for the great post and photo. Looks much brighter!
Thank you.:)

BTW these are the lights i went with:

Cibie 7" E-code (European ECE Spec)

Osram 85/80w ultra high efficacy bulbs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts