Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shift link on my 1982 308 is rubbing on the front exhaust shield. While the shield is a wee bit loose it isn't that loose. I suspect new engine mounts are in order. Does anyone have measurements I might check them with before spending $150.00 each?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I noticed the same thing in my car, because I have been chasing a rattle. I think it is a heat shield. But. my heat shield does touch or rest on the shifter shaft.
I have no problems with it and the engine does not move in the bay, plus I have not trouble shifting.
Usually when you get on it or try to move the motor you will find the motor mounts or broke. It will sound like a bump caused the motor lifting off the mount and then coming back down on it.

My 2cents.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My heat shield does rest on the shifter-shaft. But since it is not that heavy and fairly loose, it gives no problems when shifting.

It is very rare that you'd have to replace a motor mount on a 308 engine, this is definitely not the cause of your problem. I'm not sure this is a problem, it seems from the few postings here (and many others I've read at other Ferrari sites), that these parts do touch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed when I had my engine out that the engine mounts had shims under them in either the front or rear as I do not remember for sure. This however indicates to me that it is acceptable to add or subtract shims to gain needed clearacne where needed. The shims were between the mount and frame rails and I believe were in the front locations. This is on an 82 308.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts