Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was out for a great drive this morning, car working like a champ, had run the twisty bits of some fun roads and gave the car a pretty good work out... Then on a slower drive home went for a gear change (2nd to 3rd) and slightly odd engine note and then way reduced power, but running, I pulled her over and the engine seems good, temps fine, oil pressure good, etc, etc, but a pretty good "rattle from the clutch side of engine and with the pedal depressed the noise goes away pedal let out rattle noise, so I figure my clutch just let go...??? Throw out bearing or something? Can still change gears, but the power is way down, clutch slipping possibly?? I'm not sure this is the problem yet, hoping this is all it is instead of something coming uncorked inthe engine but like I say it seems OK, revs sounds OK, until clutch released... So how hard is a clutch replacement in a '80 308? Is there a procedure out there for a clutch job? Any other ideas as to the problem? Thanks - Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
clutch replacement

Well was out for a great drive this morning, car working like a champ, had run the twisty bits of some fun roads and gave the car a pretty good work out... Then on a slower drive home went for a gear change (2nd to 3rd) and slightly odd engine note and then way reduced power, but running, I pulled her over and the engine seems good, temps fine, oil pressure good, etc, etc, but a pretty good "rattle from the clutch side of engine and with the pedal depressed the noise goes away pedal let out rattle noise, so I figure my clutch just let go...??? Throw out bearing or something? Can still change gears, but the power is way down, clutch slipping possibly?? I'm not sure this is the problem yet, hoping this is all it is instead of something coming uncorked inthe engine but like I say it seems OK, revs sounds OK, until clutch released... So how hard is a clutch replacement in a '80 308? Is there a procedure out there for a clutch job? Any other ideas as to the problem? Thanks - Nick
have you change the clutch and get an idea how to do this

1 - 2 of 2 Posts