Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find build information on a 308 s# 29293?

Can anyone run a carfax for me?

Thanks
Charles

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not to high-jack your post, but I am wondering where IS the serial number on a 308 anyway??

Is it a series of numbers found within the VIN number??

·
Registered
332 Posts
Not to high-jack your post, but I am wondering where IS the serial number on a 308 anyway??

Is it a series of numbers found within the VIN number??
Not all 308s have VIN numbers as they were introduced after 308 production had started. The serial number is the last 6 digits of the VIN on all Ferraris that have a VIN. Any leading zero is omitted in forming the serial number.

Jonathan

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Johnathan,

So is there a site where you can gather more info on your car by using the serial number.....such as production date, etc??? Mine only says September 1980.

Frank

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks Johnathan,

So is there a site where you can gather more info on your car by using the serial number.....such as production date, etc??? Mine only says September 1980.

Frank
Frank,

Not that I'm aware of. You can register with the Ferrari Owners site (www.ferrariowners.com) and when you put in your car details it should confirm some info like the original colour. You could also request a build certificate, which gives additional info, from Ferrari via that site but I'm not sure if that is still the case. Incidentally it was only for cars older than a certain point but I forget what the cut off date was.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Frank, it is on a plate on top of the steering column.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here's what I've gathered. Can't guarrantee the results but it seems pretty close. It got my car right.

Hope it helps
Lane
Yes. That's from Edvar van Daalen's site (which I see you have included the link to) and is the best resource on Ferrari VIN information - not least because I contributed a very small part:D

Jonathan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts