Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some photos of the 308 to 'play with'. I wanted to do a transparent view thro the boot lid, I took a few other photos too. Thought I'd share if anybody is interested. I've resized the boot/engine photo and it's now my desktop background.

PS. If anybody has the images and wants one of these doing let me know.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Nice car.
You mentioned on a previous post that you keep it in Portugal, just wondered why if you're based in the Uk? Don't you miss it?
I spend a lot of time in Murcia, Spain and Rhodes, Greece, but would miss my 328 if I kept it in one of those countries as 'Blighty' is still my home and I love the British country lanes in the spring and summer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I like the first image, where you can see the engine through the boot cover. I took two images and overlayed them, then made the boot transparent.

My father lives in Portugal and the family have another house down there aswell. I have the Urraco in my garage and my bike, and my daily driver, so there isn't enough room. The Urraco was in storage for 3 years, then I drove the 308 down to the Algarve and bought the Urraco to my house (wish I'd done it sooner :(, but thats another story). It's £70 return flight from East Mids to Faro, cheaper than going to Skeggy for the weekend. :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I understand now, can't say I blame you either, Portugal is a wonderful and friendly place, and given the choice of a weekend in Skeggy (my mother lives there, so I know how bad it is) or the Algarve, it's no contest, esp if your wheels are a 308 when you get there.
Any chance of some pics of the Lambo too?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
wow, so you have both a Ferrari and a Lamborghini?

well, you should better keep them in separate countries!! hehehehehehe

what bike do you have? considering your other machines, it should be a good one =D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, I didn't know if I would upset anyone posting Lambo pics on a Ferrari forum, lol. Here's the Urraco P250S.

(air boxs removed)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's another lambo aswell, a 'work in progress', an Espada. Well they both need attention at the moment.

The bikes a Bimota YB4EI, Italian of course!! This actual bike was raced in the Isle of Man TT, and finished 9th in 1988.

The Espada Engine..

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
The Lambo looks fantastic, colour is great too. Very conservative for Lamborghini, they normally do canary yellow, carrot orange and lime green don't they;) . It looks very Lotus Eclat like from the front, is it a Bertone design? .
I don't know much about them, what's the spec and performance...etc?
Don't worry about posting pics, I think that most people on here are car enthusiasts irrespective of marque, and always appreciate viewing exotic beasts. Even if anyone else objects, I love Lambo's as well as Ferrari's.:)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Post as many cars of as many marques as you want. Our appreciation for great cars brings us to Ferrari, not a blind appreciation for Ferrari.

Great cars btw. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
you have quite a garage!! loved the pictures of the Lambo's engine

and the bike........ wow, Italians REALLY know how to design beatiful machines, don't they??

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Lambo looks fantastic, colour is great too. Very conservative for Lamborghini, they normally do canary yellow, carrot orange and lime green don't they;) . It looks very Lotus Eclat like from the front, is it a Bertone design? .
Don't worry about posting pics, I think that most people on here are car enthusiasts irrespective of marque, and always appreciate viewing exotic beasts. Even if anyone else objects, I love Lambo's as well as Ferrari's.:)
Yep! The Urraco was designed by Bertone. More specifically, by the exact same guy that did the Miura, Diablo, and Countach ;D

I wonder if he did any Lotus designs...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'm sure he did the Lotus Eclat, and the F308GT4, there is a lot of similarity in the front end which is why I asked about the Urraco, it looks like his signature from that time. Beautiful cars for their day.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Again Thanks everyone.

The Urraco was Lambo's competition for the 246 Dino. It's a mid engined V8 2.5L 220bhp (when new), altho the p200 had a 2.0L and P300 a 3.0L. It's a 2+2, but very little room in the back. The car was designed by Marcello Gandini of Bertone. Apparently, the first Urraco prototype was used by Ferrari as there 308 GTB Dino car? (info I read on a lambo site). The shape of the Urraco was actually the third design by Bertone.
Unfortunately since getting the car back I have found damage that has been caused during storage, namely 'engine fire' :eek: So I'm in the process of finding out what happened and why I wasn't informed!:mad: It's sad to think of the time and effort put into getting it to the standard it was in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sorry to hear the news about the fire, I hope the car was insured.

Will you try to get her back in working condition?
Yeah, the car will be restored. Luckily, I guess, the fire was contained in the engine bay. They have tried to cover up any damage ie new petrol hoses(rubber not braided as were fitted), connector block in the orig wiring loom, resprayed boot, etc. But the worst bit is....it looks like they put the fire out with lots of water....with the air box covers off. This means the vertically mounted carbs were filled with water, one is completed jammed and corroded, I'm gutted. I'm not sure if water got through to the cylinder bores, but I'd be surprised if it hadn't. Steps are being taken to reclaim money for the damage.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts