Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My biggest questions are:
1. Model Year - Living in CA should I focus only on '75's or will later models pass smog if running well?
2. Where are the most common places to look for rust?
3. I wouldn't buy sight unseen on an auction but may with a PPI, how extensive should the PPI be and what would you expect that to cost?
4. Are there are particular good or bad things to watch for?
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
From what I have heard you should look at only 75s or older. The emission controls were pretty bad and most have been removed. I bought a 75 From Cali a few years ago.
Have you looked at the document that shows the changes over the years, There are generally considered series I and series II cars.
I bought mine sight unseen, but had a family member I trusted look at it. They are fairly simple for a Ferrari.
The body being clean is important. But be aware they all have bondo from the factory, so you are mostly looking for rust.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have heard you should look at only 75s or older. The emission controls were pretty bad and most have been removed. I bought a 75 From Cali a few years ago.
Have you looked at the document that shows the changes over the years, There are generally considered series I and series II cars.
I bought mine sight unseen, but had a family member I trusted look at it. They are fairly simple for a Ferrari.
The body being clean is important. But be aware they all have bondo from the factory, so you are mostly looking for rust.
Thanks, yes I'm focused on 75's. Good to know about the factory bondo, that I did not know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts