Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Just wondering, ”Black Edition” is it something that the seller invented or is it a genuine Ferrari model?
24500€ for a 308 GTB -1981 “Black edition” doesn’t sound too much, what’s your opinion?
It has 91000km’s on the meter.
What are the most important things to look at on such car?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Yeah, the "Black Edition" is something the seller made up. Mine is the special "Red Edition", very rare. :)

The price seems about right for an '81, if not a little high. I know of a fairly decent '81 that recently sold in California for $25k. Of course, the prices in Europe may be significantly higher. Remember, the GTBi is the least powerful of the 3x8 series.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK.
Thank you all.

I haven’t paid for the membership to access the buyer’s guides yet, but I’ll do that and then read everything I can get to about the 308.

The more I look at the 308 it appeals more and more to me, even more than the 328 although it is a more modern car. I just can’t stop loving the sound from those carburetors breathing in the air.
Loved it cense the first time I heard a 1300cc engine breathing through 2 double Weber 58’s.
It was an Italian car too, A Simca Abarth 1300 GT Longnose. Gorgeous car from the earlier 1960 rewing 9000 rpm, 6 speed gearbox. It just sounded so fantastic. You know the feeling when hearing the screaming sound through the gears.
:p

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I know there is no "black edition" but if I'm not mistaken there were 2 differant blacks, standard and metallic finish. Also 2 differant body's Steel and Glass. Could someone be confusing one of those as a limited edition?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
The more I look at the 308 it appeals more and more to me, even more than the 328 although it is a more modern car. I just can’t stop loving the sound from those carburetors breathing in the air.
You are not alone. If you want a carb 308 then you need to be looking at '79 or earlier. '80 is the first of injected 308s. Here is a post where you can see the 308 and 328 side-by-side. The 328 is the most refined of the 3x8 series but the 308 does have that more "raw" look about it.
http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6057

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot, that’s really two gorgeous car’s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts