Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
This is a really good question. I think the 308's could begin to actually see a bump in price. After all, the car is 30 years old so concours conditioned 308s will be worth something.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is an example of an early Fiberglass 308 which seems to be a good bargain:

Coys Fine Motor Cars
An Important Auction of British and Continental Sports & Touring Cars, Motorcycles and Collectors Items
Thursday 3rd March 2005

1977 Ferrari 308 GTB

Registration no: TAP 720R
Chassis no: 22399
Estimate: £15,000-18,000

This early 1977 308 GTB was purchased by it's New York based owner in 1996 from its first owner a Californian collector who was forced to part with the car in a divorce settlement. At the time of purchase the car had covered a mere 18,000 miles and current mileage stands at 23,000 miles. TAP 720R was imported into the UK in 1998. More recently it has been carefully dry stored and benefited from a full service prior to this which included 4 new tyres, a new distributor and HT leads. Reluctantly for sale only due to a lack of recent use, the car comes with valid MOT certificate, is on the button and is ready to be enjoyed by its next lucky owner.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
While the Yellow does not bother me at all, I think it hurts the value of the car and this is the reason the car is priced reasonably low.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It used to be (early 90s) the Yellow cars that would fetch a premium! As up to that time 90% of all cars that came out of the factory were red. The second most popular color was black. At the bottom of the list was yellow. Or so I was told by FoD at that time. I'd actually say that the yellow should be a plus for the car given the rarity of the color at time of manufacture.

I'd love to have a Fly Yellow Ferrari.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
While the Yellow does not bother me at all, I think it hurts the value of the car and this is the reason the car is priced reasonably low.
don't forget it's in pounds, not euro, so the price is pretty normal for the moment

1 - 9 of 9 Posts