Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put F1 shifting on a 308 or a 328? I am in love with the F1 shifting. I think every car should have it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well there was a 1988? version of the Mondial which used a sort-of forerunner of the F1 system - the Valeo transmission, mated to the 3.2 V8, so I guess it could be possible. The system in those cars was well reviewed - maybe you can find one?

It's likely however that apart from the gearbox itself, getting & retro-fitting all the ancillary parts to make the F1 system work (numerous sensors, wiring looms, ECUs, warning systems, etc etc) would just be a nightmare & very costly. Bought everything as new parts they would cost more than the car when fitted IMO! :eek:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Per 4kids3fish's advice, finding a Mondial Valeo transmission would be your best bet from a cost standpoint. I believe it was a French system and used by several other French car companies.

In terms of putting a recent F1 system in a 308, it will cost you more than the purchase price of the car.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
ferrari355fi said:
Is it possible to put F1 shifting on a 308 or a 328? I am in love with the F1 shifting. I think every car should have it.
The F1 is awesome, but in this case putting it on a 308 would, in my opinion, ruin the classic gated shifter of the 308 which is timeless in and of itself.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
The Valeo system is not the same. It is aMondial with a normal stick, only the clutch is automatic, so this is not a version with paddles behind the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts