Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for 308/328 owners or past owners. I am in position since buying my first Road & Track Magazine in 1979 with a 308 in it to actually buy my dream car. I turned 40 this year and have decided to go for it. I have found quite a few candidates for purchase none locally. Here is my problem, before I make a long road trip to test drive one of these lovely autos, I find my self with a dilemma. Will I fit??? I am 6'3" tall and I have read many reviews that say this is not a tall mans car. So does anybody know if i can set in this car with any level of comfort. Again this is my dream car but I cant justify no matter how much love and lust I have for it to not be able to drive it without the top off. If I cant fit I may have to go sadly to my backup favorite rides.

Thanks for any info,

Danny

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'm 6 feet and half an inch, with the roof on headroom is very tight in my 328 GTS. I wouldn't recommend it if you are 6 foot 3.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Tom Selleck (Magnum P.I.) is 6'4" and I believe they had to modify the 308 used in the show. The padding was removed from the seat, the seat removed and re-bolted further back and you never see him driving with the top on.

I'm a mere 5'10" and the 308 fits me like a glove. I recommend you find one and sit in it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Selleck

Actually, Capt. Pete, there is one episode where Selleck is driving the Ferrari in the rain, with the top on. I was surprised to see it. It must have taken a shoe horn to get him in :). -Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, I guess I need to wait till one shows up for sell here in the Nashville area to see if I fit before I get too serious shopping for one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm actually just about 6'4" and while I mostly have the top off of my GTSi, I can still fit just fine with the top on. I can even fit with a helmet and top on for amatuer racing, granted the seating position is not ideal, but who cares you're racing a Ferrari!!! In my opinion 6'4" is about the limit but for driving a Ferrari you'll be surprised what you'll do!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
There you go. 6'4" is the maximum height for a human being in a 308. As I said, at 5'10" the 308 fits me like a glove. At 6'3" you probably have larger feet than I do so you will probably find you need special shoes to work the pedals.

The 308 is a small car and it is like driving a go-cart. You don't so much get into the car, rather you find that you strap on the car and it becomes a part of you. For you it may be claustrophic unless you get into the feeling of being strapped into a tight race car. As long as the car is a toy and you don't have any expectations of it performing the routine duties of a Volkswagon or a Ford, then you will most likely be very happy with your ownership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts