Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone. It has been a while I have posted since I have been in hibernation here in Jersey. Needless to say, I finally decided that it was nice and a bit warm enough to take the ferrari out for a quick spin.

Last time I took the car for a run was last Nov. 24th during thanksgiving. So 4 months later during the easter weekend, I decided to fire her up. The car faltered at the first try (not enough fuel). 2nd try it fired up and started with a nice growl then settled into a nice low gluttoral humming symphony, "sweet" I say to myself, "I love this car". As soon as the temp gauge inched up, I took it out. Slowly at first for the first couple of miles, then I decided to bump it up to about 100 in the country roads. Wow what a feeling, the nice brisk 50F weather, smell of fresh air and the exhausts at full howl at 7K rpm.

I pull into an outdoor mall and visit a local store a frequent. I call one of the cute girls and ask her to come out for a surprise. (she had told me previously that she wanted to ride my ferrari - well there may another meaning to that, but that is another story). As soon as I pull into the store she was waiting and all excited. I tell her to get in and took her for a quick spin around the lot, spinning the wheels as I pulled out and fishtailing on the empty parking lots. As I drop her off the rest of the girls (mostly teens) start coming out of the store asking me for a ride :p

You should have seen the looks we were getting, more so the looks I was getting from the men. I would say 4 of the 6 were pretty hot. As I was driving the 6th girl (the hottest one - with her boyfriend watching us) I spot a patrol car pulling into the shopping center. I know that some old folk or some liberal tight-ass probably called in and reported a red car racing around. I immediately cut the trip and told the girl I was pulling into the parking lot and parking it in-between 2 large cars. As soon as I parked, I walked away knowing my ass is grass if he tagged me, because I still did not have a valid inspection sticker and probably site me for reckless driving. Nevertheless, I sat it out in the store with 4 of the hot ones hovering over me, since I was not paying attention to them anymore, but was watching my parked car and the patrol car who had circled the shopping lot 3-4x before splitting. I had my balls up to my throat hoping he would not scan each parking row and wait.

I said my goodbyes, told the last girl that I will take her for a ride during warmer weather. I looked around and headed back home, hoping not to run into the patrol car who obviously was looking for a red ferrari.

All in all, it was a good way to start the year :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Uhm, I just realized it has been 4 months since I have last started the car. :eek:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Its stories like this that I love to read:D That sounded exciting which is the life of the Ferrari ownership:D

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Great story Pete. Sounds like a chapter from my own life history. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... Jersey cops! How I don't miss those townie cop's little games. Where in Jersey are you?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Awesome Dude

Sounds like you and me have to get together and light up the town...:cool:

Just don't tell my GF..:p

I heard it's the new Vegas, What happens in Jersey stays in Jersey..:D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... Jersey cops! How I don't miss those townie cop's little games. Where in Jersey are you?
Some little town called Millstone. It's located in Monmouth county, so am central jersey.

·
Registered
275 Posts
25th of November was the last time I saw my 550 - it's getting to be torturous now! 9th of April she gets fired up again when I'm back in Holland.

Nice story.

Onno
Ouchhh, that's a though life...will owning a vintage F not double or tripple the torture?

Good story monza, seems owning a F has some extra benefits in jersey:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Some little town called Millstone. It's located in Monmouth county, so am central jersey.
I know the area well. My brother lives in Hillsborough now. I spent the better part of my senior year in HS getting harassed by the little town cops in Netcong and Stanhope up in Morris/Sussex Counties.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
hehehehe very cool, next time take some pictures of the girls with the car, it's always a good combo!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
(she had told me previously that she wanted to ride my ferrari - well there may another meaning to that, but that is another story).
I was going to make some comment about teenaged girls and Dateline NBC's "to catch a Predator" show but .....

So your baiting "chicks" with your firey red Ferrari huh

J/K
Lane

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be a bit more specific, gets buried in Giants Stadium...
Bah...I can't believe that Hoffa story has reached the ears of our good ole european neighbors.

I think he is swimming with the fishes (carp) somewhere in the hudson :cool:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know the area well. My brother lives in Hillsborough now. I spent the better part of my senior year in HS getting harassed by the little town cops in Netcong and Stanhope up in Morris/Sussex Counties.
Cool i know that area well. I take it from Princeton to Bridgewater using rt. 206. Roads are getting pretty bad at 206, lotsa bumps, might create a rattle in my F355.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was going to make some comment about teenaged girls and Dateline NBC's "to catch a Predator" show but .....

So your baiting "chicks" with your firey red Ferrari huh

J/K
Lane
Tsk...now that you have given me an idea :eek:
Maybe I'll take some revealing pics that I can send to Stile to peddle :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts