Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the September HMN.

For Sale:

1985 288 GTO, red, a/c, pw, 600 miles, etc.

$1,100,000 USD

Pull out your check books...Visa won't raise my limit.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sorry, but isn't this insane money????????? I always thought market value of a 288 GTO should be somewhere half of that at the most, probably even less than that! Don't want to sell or just overpriced?

Niels

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I thought it was a bit outrageous. Directly below is another '85 288 for $325,000 USD. 22,000KM. That's a bit more like it. Still, Visa won't raise my limit that high! :wink:

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T-Boy,

I concur. $500K maybe but $1.1M is crazy. D

·
Registered
15 Posts
288 GTO arent worth $ 500 000. You can buy 288 GTO with very low mileage for $ 300/350 000 and thats the US market . In europe you can get them for $250 000 or even less if you dont mind buying a car that was actually used ..

This one for $1M is crazyness. Even if it only has 600 miles..For $1M id buy a nice 250 SWB comp ! or an Enzo and an F40 ..:)

·
Registered
575 Posts
There was a consortium based in California that held - in a climate-controlled vault (and I'm not joking about it being a vault...) - all of the "classic" Ferraris that were 100-pt concours restored, or were the brand-new cars with delivery miles on them (288 GTO's, F40's, etc...), for investment purposes.

With the state of the economy as its in, these folks may be feeling the crunch and need money now....

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote='75 308 GT4 (Peter)]There was a consortium based in California that held - in a climate-controlled vault (and I'm not joking about it being a vault...) - all of the "classic" Ferraris that were 100-pt concours restored, or were the brand-new cars with delivery miles on them (288 GTO's, F40's, etc...), for investment purposes.

With the state of the economy as its in, these folks may be feeling the crunch and need money now....[/quote]

i read about them ..i think it was called cavallino investemnt or something like that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Amenasce said:
[quote='75 308 GT4 (Peter)]There was a consortium based in California that held - in a climate-controlled vault (and I'm not joking about it being a vault...) - all of the "classic" Ferraris that were 100-pt concours restored, or were the brand-new cars with delivery miles on them (288 GTO's, F40's, etc...), for investment purposes.

With the state of the economy as its in, these folks may be feeling the crunch and need money now....

i read about them ..i think it was called cavallino investemnt or something like that[/quote]

Where can I find out more about this??

·
Registered
212 Posts
compare this pricing with the other GTO, it seems to be on the low end over the entire GTO spectrum... 250 GTO, 330 GTO (LM)... just not as much love for this series ($$$)

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
A 600 miles car will always demand a special or lunatic price. Besides if that deal goes it will not be the highest recently paid price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts