Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have just joined the forum and wonder whether anyone might be able to assist?

I have a new little London based company called TMB Art Metal producing very high quality sculptures of cars cast, uniquelly, of original metal from the car the sculpture represents. Our first automotive edition is dedicated to the D-type Jaguar and is cast using actual original mid-1950s era aluminium components from D-types. The sculptures are then mounted upon original ex-D engine con-rods.

The components I used were wheels, a sump, bulkhead, pistons and bell housing. All items were original but damaged beyond use. All were aquired from reputeable sources in the UK and US, sources reknowned for rebuilding (original) D-types. The provenance of our "donor" material is vital.

We are currently either producing, or planning to produce, further editions of "provenance" sculptures, one of which is dedicated to (and made of) the 250GTO. But to enable this edition to happen I need to acquire ex-GTO aluminium components, a feat that is proving (understandably) very difficult. Over the past few months I have contacted all the engineering companies I can find out about worldwide who have rebuilt GTOs, but with little luck. Generally in the past material was either thrown away or sent back with the car. I have indeed now started contacting owners to see if they have a box of bits that might be surplus.

I have some material, however, having acquired a set of pistons plus some body panel pieces (damaged) with good provenance. However to produce the edition I will need to acquire more ex-GTO aluminium components plus also original con-rods.

My question is - does anyone out there by any chance know of anyone who might have unserviceable original ex-250GTO components that I might be able to access? I know this is unlikely but thought it worth asking.

Should it be of interest, our website is: www.tmbartmetal.com

I thank you in anticipation.

Christopher

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Christopher,
I checked out your website, your work is definately cool.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Pete. A lot of time, effort and money has been put in to develop something quite unique and that is both of high quality and fascinating provenance.

As you may have seen, in addition to the larger sculptures I am also producing cuff-links and pins too, again cast of original metal. I am following up D-type with some Bentley "jewellery" and, once those are designed will do GTO cuff-links and pins too, cast using GTO aluminium.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts