Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm trying to make the models section more complete. I know there are a lot of classic Ferrari knowledge on this site. Here is what I need. Please let me know which 250 Variants I left out in the models section.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
that's too much to check right now, i'll try and get it done over the weekend when i have the time for it.
If Niels hasn't beaten me too it (or somebody else for that matter).

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a really good site that has a more complete models section. barchetta.cc So I'm just going to surf over to that site and use what they have. Its a much more comprehensive models section than this one. But they don't have the cool compare tool which I'm still tweaking for improvements.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
don't tell me that you didn't knew that site.
I'm already using that site for about 3-4 years now
it's an incredible site IMO, the even have contact with Rainer Schlegelmilch

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
cool, i just read on the site that there is coming out a new Ferrari book on 9 december, can't wait to get it :green:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Sometimes he suplies pics for them, or somebody from his company.
The guy has a done a lot of carbooks, never misses an F1 race.
You should try and find one of his Ferrari books, you won't regret it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Andrew: The quickest reference point for a complete list of Ferrari models is Cavallino Magazine's "Mercato" section. In case you do not subscribe, I will e-mail you a copy of the entire list. It is complete with years made, number made, and current values for every model.

Re: Barchetta.cc, while they are currently the best internet source for information on vintage Ferraris, they are not completely accurate by any means. While contributors to the site include historians such as Andreas Birner, Bjoern Schmidt, Keith Bluemel and Mark Ketcham, among others, it is so large and spread too thinly (also covering Maseratis and such things as art and even Italian cuisine). I have contacted them several times in the past regarding inaccuracies but they have been very slow to make corrections and updates.

Wayne

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lwausbrooks said:
Andrew: The quickest reference point for a complete list of Ferrari models is Cavallino Magazine's "Mercato" section. In case you do not subscribe, I will e-mail you a copy of the entire list. It is complete with years made, number made, and current values for every model.
Wayne,
Thank you for the kindness and help. It will go to good use and hopefully help the models section here become more complete. I've considered creating a register in conjunction with the models section. I could have a register for every model, its not too difficult. Just an idea I'm kicking around.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dirk,
Thank for the picture. It does help. I think someone should start a 250 only website to help lost and confused people like myself. My models section was very closely tied to the one at ferrari.com so when someone told me I had holes in the older models I was surprised but later realized the 250 had many different models. I also got an e-mail that was very useful. With this and the e-mail I should be able to update the section.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I got more, but it's sepparated in different magazines/books
i'll scan some more articles that contain some good data

1 - 17 of 17 Posts