Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 250 Cabriolet is on offer from Sheehan.

We are pleased to offer 1960 Ferrari 250 PF Cabriolet s/n 2099 GT. This nicely restored Series II PF Cabriolet has been in the USA from new and was with one very-long-term owner for thirty-seven years, and so has a fully documented ownership history from new. Finished in very elegant Blu Scuro over a mirror-straight body with near new gray-tan leather. Excellent soft top and Blu Scuro factory hardtop. Between 2002 and 2005, the current owner undertook a very detailed cosmetic restoration and has shown this very elegant 250 PF Cab on the West Coast show circuit numerous times, with two special awards at Concorso Italiano: the first in 2004 when invited to be displayed along with a California Spyder to show the two types of open Ferraris in that period, the second in 2007 as the 250 series II cab for the 50th year anniversary of Ferrari's cabriolet.. As always we offer the best 250 PF Cabriolet at the best price on the market today, with the full mechanical restoration included at $495,000

250 PF Cab s/n 2099 GT runs and drives well, and is scheduled for a full mechanical restoration to Platinum level in January, including a full mechanical rebuild plus a platinum level detail of the engine, transmission, suspension, rear end, brakes, shocks, springs, fuel system and all water, brake and fuel lines, scheduled for completion in ninety to one hundred and twenty days. Has the correct, matching numbers 128F engine. An unusually nice 250 PF Cabriolet which will now make the leap to full rebuilt and restored Platinum-level mechanicals.

This 250 PF Cabriolet is an exceptional value as it is complete with the factory hardtop, owner's handbook, a sales brochure, a full history file back to a copy of the 1963 title, voluminous service and restoration invoices, and will include all ongoing invoices, photos and details of the current mechanical restoration work.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Those are very appealing indeed. w/ smiles Jimmy
:thumbsup:definitely very appealing.

I have checked around, guess it is a sign of the times, last year it was hard to find a 275 GTS or 330 GTS for sale, a quick check on ClassicDriver and Anamera shows:

275 GTS - 7 for sale
330 GTS - 1 for sale

plus 10 330 GTC's for sale

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Roughly four years ago or so, I had the opportunity to see a black 275GTS at the Heritage Classics in LA. I liked it. Of course, it was just look, no drive. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
as good as this is, I'd wait another four-six months.......until after the Pebble beach auctions....betting prices will flatten before then, but may just stay low even at those auctions.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think this 250 PF was featured in Forza recently. For similar money I would much rather have a 275 GTS or 330 GTS.
It's gorgeous, but like Boxer I have a thing for the 275/330GTS. The one in the Gstaad auction had my name on it. Unfortunately, the name on the check was not mine... :(Onno
Guys, here is a 275 GTS that might wet the appetite :) Great looking Ferrari.

We are pleased to offer 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS s/n 07337. Finished in outstanding Ferrari red paint with excellent tan leather seats, door panels, dash and console, all in as–new condition. An older restoration, with excellent cosmetics and extremely nice chrome–work. The black canvas soft top is also in very good condition, including the plexi rear window and tonneau cover. Near perfect highly–polished Borrani rims, knock-offs (including the spare) with near new Michelin XWX tires. Interior correct down to the Becker Mexico radio/cassette player. Everything working correctly. Showing 94,358 kilometers, believed to be the original. Nicely detailed engine bay.

Mechanically in great condition, with recent engine and transmission rebuild, including a new clutch fitted by Italy Service of Las Vegas in the last two years. Drives just as a 275 GTS should, pulls well to red–line with no oil leaks or smoke.

The car comes with ownership history dating back to the 1980s. Complete with the original tools and tool roll. As always we offer the best car, best price on the market today at $549,500 or best offer.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Guys, here is a 275 GTS that might wet the appetite :) Great looking Ferrari.

We are pleased to offer 1965 Ferrari 275 GTS s/n 07337. Finished in outstanding Ferrari red paint with excellent tan leather seats, door panels, dash and console, all in as–new condition. An older restoration, with excellent cosmetics and extremely nice chrome–work. The black canvas soft top is also in very good condition, including the plexi rear window and tonneau cover. Near perfect highly–polished Borrani rims, knock-offs (including the spare) with near new Michelin XWX tires. Interior correct down to the Becker Mexico radio/cassette player. Everything working correctly. Showing 94,358 kilometers, believed to be the original. Nicely detailed engine bay.

Mechanically in great condition, with recent engine and transmission rebuild, including a new clutch fitted by Italy Service of Las Vegas in the last two years. Drives just as a 275 GTS should, pulls well to red–line with no oil leaks or smoke.

The car comes with ownership history dating back to the 1980s. Complete with the original tools and tool roll. As always we offer the best car, best price on the market today at $549,500 or best offer.
It is a wonderfully looking car. However in my mind these are $250k Ferraris, not $500k Ferraris. When the price comes down to the $ model number followed by 3 zeros, it is time to start looking.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
VERY Nice.....are you IN SAfrica or UK?

just asking....seems I might have seen this offering lately.

rik

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
VERY Nice.....are you IN SAfrica or UK?

just asking....seems I might have seen this offering lately.

rik

Hi Granucci, I live in South Africa.

The above 275 is on offer from Mike Sheehan, maybe you received his email or saw it on his site.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
It is a wonderfully looking car. However in my mind these are $250k Ferraris, not $500k Ferraris. When the price comes down to the $ model number followed by 3 zeros, it is time to start looking.
Yes, I concur with this. As an aside - why do people repaint these in re-sale red? The car looks SO much better in a dark colour, or light metallic colours such as silver. Originally, very few were red - it all changed in the '80ies hype. Shame really.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Yes, I concur with this. As an aside - why do people repaint these in re-sale red? The car looks SO much better in a dark colour, or light metallic colours such as silver. Originally, very few were red - it all changed in the '80ies hype. Shame really.

Onno
+1. Other than the 250 GTO and 275 GTB, I think the earlier cars look much better in darker colors.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The owner of the 275 GTS has authorized a significant price reduction. From $549 500.00 he is now asking $399 500.00 for it.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
ohhhhh, there again....down 30%. Nice and still to high. great times lies ahead for Onno and other "hunters".

1 - 20 of 50 Posts