Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking around Europe at 330 GTCs and Daytonas, I have run across a few Lussos. They do command a 50-75% premium over the two others but with only 350 produced might be a better investment choice.

Has anyone owned one ?

How do they compare in terms of driving experience vs the two other choices ?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not owned one (sadly!!!!!) but driven a couple.
IMO for pure thrill there is no beating a Daytona, but the Lusso did make one feel extremely special. It has quite a laconic driving position (unlike most Italian cars) but it does feel quite 'Vintage' in terms of chassis - you don't get the 'planted on the road feel' that the Daytona gives. It's very quick & that small block motor just sings & revs like nothing else:cool: .
What I did find was a HUGE difference between a truly well sorted one (like MF's) and a show queen that's not used. It felt tight & responsive, where others have felt sloppy & clunky.
But the same can be said of Daytona's.
The build quality on the Lusso was markedly better than the Daytona.
Unfortunately not having done a 330 nor 275 I have no experience to guide there:(
Hope this is some help?
Best wishes & good luck, Al.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer, I think krasnavian had a Lusso, maybe he can compare it to the 250 GTO (can't believe I'm writing this and not being ironic, really!!) for us, poor mortals...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Boxer, I believe the word, Lusso, means luxury in Italian. That was the intent of the car to begin with. It was a luxury model in those days. Not very fast nor responsive. If you're looking for a driver's car and possibly an investment item, then Lusso may be the right choice. However, as you may know, only a decade or so ago, this car belonged in the same league as the 2+2 and other not too sought after models. Many more subjective factors to consider. Enjoy your search. Jimmy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts