Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows if the 250 LM was sold to the public, or strictly for racing.

Secondarily, was it homologated for US sale, or were any such models in the US private imports?

Finally, does anybody know how much the 250 LM cost?

Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
250 LMs were sold to raceteams and private individuals. Think of Scuderia Filipinetti and for instance Bill Harrah. Because Mr. Harrah had a new LM delivered to the States I assume it was not a problem to get a car in the US. I'm not sure about the price of a original car, but roughly half the price of a GTO will buy you a 250 LM. Still costing a couple of million dollars off course...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
hey Marcos

i would love to buy cars from you

an 250 LM goes for in between $2 million and $3.5 million
the higher prices ofcourse go to cars that are in very good condition and have a good racing history

·
Registered
613 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
hey Marcos

i would love to buy cars from you

an 250 LM goes for in between $2 million and $3.5 million
the higher prices ofcourse go to cars that are in very good condition and have a good racing history
:oops: I was so off... :lol: ...but I got a scale model at the same price for you Dirk :wink:! No damage and full race history (LOL)!
I always tought the 250LM wasn't that populair... ...but I seem to be wrong (as usual).

And now I have another question.
Does anybody know more about performance? Let's say 0-100km/h, 0-400m and 0-1000m in seconds? (these are empty spaces at my site) And what where the cost of the 31 LM's back in 1963?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts