Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"m seriously pondering my first Ferrari purchase to be in the lower-end vintage market of the 250 GTE or 330. They are nice looking cars with a front-engined classic V12 configuration that I lust after.

Are there any owners of such cars to compare and contrast the two?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Just found this on Michael Sheehan's site by googling the 250 GTE
http://www.ferraris-online.com/pages/carintro.php?reqcardir=FE-250GTE-4665
It is sold, but if 80K USD is all they are worth, I'm on the look out for one too. I think it is a beautiful looking car, quite similar to the James Bond Aston from some angles.
Any ideas why this model hasn't appreciated anything like other early 60's models?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you looking at a Series I or a Series II 330 GT 2+2 ? They are quite different. The Series I is very similar to the 250 GTE but with a larger engine. The Series II is a more developed car.
If i am correct, the Series I has the double head lamps. From what i understand this was controversial and disdained at the time. But I like it. I can't see why it wasn't liked.

Please fill me in on how the Series II differs in it's development. This is very intriguing. I like the body styles of all of these cars, the 250s and 330s, and would like to have one in my stable some day.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because it is a 2+2.
That's a good point. I'm assuming that in Ferrari terms, this is equivalent to having 4 doors. But instead it's 4 seats. It's also somewhat funny. But fortunate for those of us in the market for that "affordable" classic.

Even if the repairs are breathtaking, we can at least consider actually purchasing the car with it's allowable price tag.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
If i am correct, the Series I has the double head lamps. From what i understand this was controversial and disdained at the time. But I like it. I can't see why it wasn't liked.

Please fill me in on how the Series II differs in it's development. This is very intriguing. I like the body styles of all of these cars, the 250s and 330s, and would like to have one in my stable some day.
Suggest you PM William Taylor. I heard he was working on an update of the 330 GT Guide a while back.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Check out the 330 GT Registry...has all the answers about evolution of the 330 2+2.

http://www.parrotbyte.com/330GTRegistry/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts