Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have Lusso #5849 with the engine of Lusso #5285 and as you can imagine I'd love to get the original engine back inside of my car as the owner of #5285 would love to have the original engine of his car back too and I know Engine 5849 is inside #5285.

The only info I have about #5285 is from Barchetta. Owned by Kirk Axtell (Westwood, CA) in 1977.

If anybody has more infos about #5285 you can contact me on my mail : [email protected]

Or on my mobile phone : +41 79 784 30 32

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Fabrizio, if you have the time please post some pictures of your beautiful car.

Good luck with the hunt for informations!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I actually have Lusso #5849 with the engine of Lusso #5285 and as you can imagine I'd love to get the original engine back inside of my car as the owner of #5285 would love to have the original engine of his car back too and I know Engine 5849 is inside #5285.

The only info I have about #5285 is from Barchetta. Owned by Kirk Axtell (Westwood, CA) in 1977.

If anybody has more infos about #5285 you can contact me on my mail : [email protected]

Or on my mobile phone : +41 79 784 30 32

I can get you that info. Please email me, and we can discuss.

rik

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swapped Engine

Swoon! Beautiful, Fabrizio, my dream car.

Do you know how the engines came to be swapped between the two cars?

Onno
What I know for sure is that #5849 was brought back to Europe from the USA in the 90's totally restored in Modena by Toni Auto and Luppi and finally bought and registered by the previous owner here in Switzerland.

I don't know why they swapped these engines but I guess it was when these cars were both in the USA. These were days people didn't care about originality unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Fabrizio, thanks for sharing the pictures, and congratulations for that GREAT macchina!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I'll let Mr. Carugati update his latest, but suffice to say this seems to be a solved mystery. Congrats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ferrari 250 Lusso #5849

I purchased Ferrari Lusso #5285 recently & would like to contact the current owner in Switzerland of #5849 with view of returning both these cars original engines to their respective chassis.

Ferrari Lusso #5849 was sold at auction on May 2, 2009 by Oldtimer Galerie, Toffen. I am told it remains in Switzerland and hope that someone can assist with details of its current owner.
Any one with any leads please call Terry Healy, +61411476055 or email.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I purchased Ferrari Lusso #5285 recently & would like to contact the current owner in Switzerland of #5849 with view of returning both these cars original engines to their respective chassis.

Ferrari Lusso #5849 was sold at auction on May 2, 2009 by Oldtimer Galerie, Toffen. I am told it remains in Switzerland and hope that someone can assist with details of its current owner.
Any one with any leads please call Terry Healy, +61411476055 or email.
Dear Terry, I called Oldtimer Galerie, which is about 50km's from were I live. Back in May '09, I checked the Lusso before the auction (just out of interest) and believed (at that time) that the engine in that car (Lusso #5849) was "restamped" (at least it looked to me like that). I kindly asked Oldtimer Garage's representative to give the current owner of #5849 my coordinates and to ask him to contact me, as I would like to give him your coordinates. The representative of Oldtimer Garage said that he is unable to give me the name of the buyer at auction directly (which I fully understand) but he will give him my details. I will forward to him your coordinates if he's contacting me at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ferrari Lusso

Thank you for doing that. The engine number hasbeen restamped fortunately the interno has not been touched & it is engine #5285.
I have also contacted Oldtimer Galerie with the same result. It would be good to find the current owner as both cars benefit. Thanks again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts