Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
What ever happened to?...

S/N: 0219EL was offered for sale a few years ago at Fantasy Junction, in original condition and was there for quite some time. I suppose it didn't sell and then I remembered seeing it up for sale at an auction (I can't remember which auction house, or what the date was).

Does anyone know what happened? Did the car go to a new owner? Is/was it restored? That would be a shame as the colours - although plain - were original and just look so nice on this understated design.

(Photos below were from Fantasy Junction's website):

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
please s/n at Geneve show 1977:

212 Inter 1953:

My best guess would be S/N: 0267 EU

It was originally painted black, with a green roof, but was repainted red later on and would have been at around this time (1977). The car was repainted again in 1979 and returned to the original colours.

I believe this car sold at one of last year's auctions...

·
Registered
6,208 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcel Massini
Coming back to the original thread: 0197 EL today has a non-original engine and a RESTAMPED engine to match the chassis (done by a British "restorer")...........I can prove it with crystal clear photos. The car is owned by Sir Anthony P. Bamford.
Marcel Massini
Give credit to Mr Massini, who is well respected and an expert on the 'old' ones.... That info dates from Dec. 2005

asking for updates as I type

rik

·
Registered
6,208 Posts
Bump

Ok, latest Car, now, belongs to a private collector in California.

Thanks to Mr. Marcel Massini as always a great source in older/important Ferraris.

rik

1 - 17 of 17 Posts