Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found a 208 GTS Turbo for sale which looks pretty good. I tried a search on the forum, but it returned no results. Any info about this car? It really looks like a 328 to me (actually about to call the owner to make sure this was not a mistake, but then I saw a picture on this forum of a 208 GTS Turbo on ferrarilife). How does it compare to the 328, performance and reliability wise?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check them out. Thx! I found one in Portugal (country where I live). I was looking for a 328 and came across it.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I took a look at several of the 2 liter Turbo cars about a year ago. One was in the UK and one in Italy. Both had been for sale for some time and both still are for sale. Overall the performance is not any better than the 3 liter cars, they are just a bit more of a handful to control due to the Turbo. All the mechanics I talked to advised strongly to go with a 308 or 328. One put it very simply - Turbo = extra maintence cost and complexity for no added performance vs the 308/328. If you do go ahead, I would take the car to Viauto Ferrari and have them do a complete Pre Purchase Inspection.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insights and the dealer recommendation. I think I'll keep looking for a 328 as I originally intended :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right. Especially on older models like the 328 (cars only pay 'car tax' up to their 10th b'day). Might do a trip to Germany this summer to check some out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts