Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
4,351 Posts
Interesting. Not sure I like it though.

Looks like it lost the rear seats in the process.

· Premium Member
11,896 Posts
I bet it has the stiffness of a piece of cooked spaghetti. That top and rear quarter add a lot of stiffness to the overall structure. I would want to check door opening and closing very carefully.

· Registered
4,351 Posts
Is that an air intake just above the rear wheel? (I suppose it should be).

· Registered
6,253 Posts
Somebody made a Mondial. Good for them.

I like it. Precursor yes.

I agree with Taz. Hope they reinforced the A portion and at least kept a back seat bench.

The only thing I don't like: Yet another car being cut up. But, it may have been on it's last legs.

Many a [50-60's] Brazillian car had their original engines jerked for a Corvette insertion and raced. no complaints from many there....go figure.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
I gotta admit, that side profile is pretty sharp. If I remember my dates right... if they did this when the GT4 was new, the owner probably didn't know the GTS was coming out in a year or two. It would have been a very special (open-air) 308 at that point.

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I gotta admit, that side profile is pretty sharp. If I remember my dates right... if they did this when the GT4 was new, the owner probably didn't know the GTS was coming out in a year or two. It would have been a very special (open-air) 308 at that point.

Right and judging by the wheels being before the 5 spokes, this may have come out in 73-74. Well before the Mondial was thought of so there would have been nothing like it for a while.

· Registered
4,351 Posts
Right and judging by the wheels being before the 5 spokes, this may have come out in 73-74. Well before the Mondial was thought of so there would have been nothing like it for a while.
But it's Ferrari badged on the nose so would that not mean its later than 73-74?

· Registered
2,201 Posts
But it's Ferrari badged on the nose so would that not mean its later than 73-74?
Well spotted Barry, the catalogue entry records it as being 1975.

I like it, albeit no doubt it'd wobble like a jelly and be as rigid as a piece of wet string!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts