Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just purchased a white 2020 Portofino this year and in the past few weeks I have been having an issue with the A/C/HVAC system.. It will blow cold on the drivers side and hot on the passenger side. I tried messing with all the setting and nothing worked so I brought it to the dealer to have a look at as the yearly service was available as well. They looked at it for a few minutes and played with the button and it started working again, so I figured great it solved. Well fast forward another 2 weeks and it has done the exact same thing and the dealer even said they don't know what they did to get it to work and apparently because it was working after the service manager did something to get it to work I found out they did not even try to diagnose what the issue could have been (door flaps etc) Now I will have to bring it back there which is well over an hours drive just for this and I get it oh no having to drive the car more but it's just frustrating that this issue is happening.

Is there anything anyone can suggest to look at before bringing it to the dealer again which they told me the earliest they could get it in was 2 weeks from now which I thought was ridiculous.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I did some more messing with it last night and actually got it to work again!

I tried this procedure I found online that said to turn the car on, put it to cold for 60 seconds and than hot for 60 seconds to hope that it was some sensors. I wasn't hopefully this would work and it didn't. So I unplugged the battery for 15 minutes and reconnected to clear the memory and did the restart procedure as per the manual and that still didn't work.

For whatever reason I decided to put both palms of my hands overtop of the hot blowing vents on high so that it was completely covered and sealed. After about 6-7 seconds I thought it felt like it was not as warm as it was right away so I gave it till about 10 seconds and it started blowing ice cold again!

I'm assuming that it was what I did suspect but dealer basically refused to look into was that one of the vent doors was stuck (I have had this on another vehicle before years ago that was dual climate as well) and maybe the backpressure from holding the vents sealed got it to release itself. I'm going to keep the my dealer appointment so if it happen in the next two week I can tell them but if it doesn't happen again than great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts