Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will say no more.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
A very good looking computer generated model of the car. If it looked like that I would buy it. It will be interesting to see what happens and most importantly what the sticker price will be, hopefully high enough to keep it an exotic.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think the styling a tad clumsy...Looks alot like a Porsche Cayman with a 599 front end...I think this maybe the Introduction of a lower priced, mass produced entry model to Ferrari. I look forward to the forthcoming hype.

Argento

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I agree with Argento, it has a Cayman look that I don´t like

but let´s wait and see how it comes out

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's strange how Winding Road can come up with all these "secret photos" - they did one on the new Maserati Coupe... even gave it a name "Mistral".

It was soooo off the mark.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The new dino looks good.
Its no wonder they will produce new and smaler ferrari, the entry model delivers 490ps. A room was made again for 340-360 ps ferrari.
If they make it the best handling car in the world, it will be a great success.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im kinda in the middle with the styling. I have to agree that the first thing that came to mind was a cross between the Cayman and a TVR. Either way, I like it. I especially like the combination of the F430 and 599 styles. I always bitch about style continuity and I guess someone was listening (or someone else had the same complaint).

The rest of the article has more pics with a spyder version and they dont look CG. They also spoke about power with some interesting notes. Front engined V8, ~420bhp. An upgrade to the F430 to a 550bhp V10 to make the difference between the 2 more dramatic (which leads to the inevitable conclusion that it will be the stradale or otherwise 'special edition' version that ferrai loves to do).

One thing that bothers me about all this is that Ferrari is now heading into mass production and money making on behalf of Fiat. The company as a whole now has to juggle Alfa, Maser, Ferrari, all finding market niches. Its becoming less about the cars and more about the business. Im affraid they're going to begin to loose their exclusivity if they blur this line too much. Defeats the purpose of owning a $300k supercar IMHO.

They projected the base price to be anywhere between 130-160k USD.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I have one word…..WOW…..what a beautiful car….I absolutely love everything about the look, and when I clicked on the topic, I was hoping to see something different in the last 2 models, between 612 and 599.

Look wise, I find the 612 was missing something but just couldn’t put my finger on it. Then the 599 looked like the Panoz front end and thought the lights drooped too far down and still hade a rear 550 look to it.

I love the inner lights (old school Dino) and hood and rear window fins with bulging rear wheel wells……this is a totally cool car…….(if this is how its going to be)

I would love to say I own a new Ferrari but even better to say a new Dino……………

~

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ferrari Dino 420

Woah!:eek:
It's the coolest Ferrari I have seen since the Ferrari Enzo!
My goodness it's like a mini Ferrari, in size but it's design is completely different to the Ferrari enzo or F430, although the Front bottom is similar to that of the 612 Scaglietti...

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
To be a true Dino it should be a V6 Mid-Engined well handling car - Right?

The 1st Picture of the rear in the 2nd set of pics Funky posted make the car look like it has a boot, (trunk)...If not, V6 front engined entry level Ferrari - can't see it myself...

Next time I'm at the factory I'll do some discreet digging ?

Argento

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot- V8 FRONT ENGINED. They mentioned its similar to the Scaglietti in that the engine sits almost behind the front axle giving it better handling characteristics.

Formally this is not a "dino". Old school dinos did not carry the Ferrari name. This does. Just consider it a car to 'honor' the older dinos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts