Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try and get together pictures of 12 of our forum member Ferraris and see if we can't come up with a Ferrari Forum calendar for 2005. I got with Andrew and he said he'd try and find some pricing info.

One of our cars will be the feature Ferrari each month. Haven't worked out all the details but I was thinking a high quality photo of the car and on the bottom a little caption telling about it. Like for me it would be "1979 Ferrari 308 GTS, Maine USA, Pete04222 on FerrariForum.Net" or something like that. When the weather gets nice I will have my wife take some photos of my car. Thats one month, we need to fill 11 more. Who's in?

I don't want this to just be a calendar with pictures of Ferraris, I've already got one of those. I want a calendar with OUR Ferraris!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,082 Posts
hey i'm up for that
BUT
they have to be 12 different models

and high quality pics for printing isn't that easy
that isn't so normal for a lot of regular digital camera's
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
129 Posts
and high quality pics for printing isn't that easy
that isn't so normal for a lot of regular digital camera's[/quote
]

I guess that rules out my disposable camera! :nuts:
and also the fact that I don't own a Ferrari yet. :work:

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Great idea Pete - but are you prepared for my v dodgy photography?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,082 Posts
rosed37 said:
and high quality pics for printing isn't that easy
that isn't so normal for a lot of regular digital camera's[/quote
]

I guess that rules out my disposable camera! :nuts:
and also the fact that I don't own a Ferrari yet. :work:

Ed
a regular camera can do better for printing then, all you need is the negative
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,211 Posts
I'll buy the calender. I got an idea, drive all you Ferrari's to the netherlands, and dirk and I will photograph the heck out of it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
776 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
I'll buy the calender. I got an idea, drive all you Ferrari's to the netherlands, and dirk and I will photograph the heck out of it :D
Or, drive to North Carolina and I'll take the pics. :D My camera has the ability to take pics in such a way that 20 inch x 30 inch printouts look good. :green:
That and I need the practice.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
360 Spyder said:
Dr. Bob said:
I'll buy the calender. I got an idea, drive all you Ferrari's to the netherlands, and dirk and I will photograph the heck out of it :D
Or, drive to North Carolina and I'll take the pics. :D My camera has the ability to take pics in such a way that 20 inch x 30 inch printouts look good. :green:
That and I need the practice.
How about you fly to the UK and take some pictures of Bazil's car for him!! :D

Bazil, I'm going to count you in. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get some high quality photos of your car by the end of August.

So now we are down to needing 10 more Ferraris. Dirk, I think it is going to be hard to make sure we have 12 different models, if we have the same model we will have to separate them by a few months. I would like to see a GT4 and a Testarossa and a Mondial and whatever else we can come up with within this site. There must be at least 12 Ferraris here. I noticed on Dr. Bob's thread that Bazil and I were the only ones who chimed in as Ferrari owners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Bazil, I'm going to count you in. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get some high quality photos of your car by the end of August.
In that case - I'd better accept!!

355GTS needs to join in too - he's got some stunning shots of his car in the beautiful Swiss scenery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
12 different models might be the hard part but i would buy one.

just dont include too much personal information so you can make sure the cars are safe. it happened to a friend of mine who had one of his cars photographed outside his house, some fools tried to steal it.

can we come up with a list of the 12 models as im new here and dont know too many people. so far i know we have

-348
-355
-360
-550
-328
-308

i guess we could have a 6 month calendar??? :green: :green: :green:
its a great idea though i hope it is seen through.

Cheers
-Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
There was a thread not too long ago about engine detailing - one of the guys in that had a Testarossa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,211 Posts
Pete04222 said:
360 Spyder said:
Dr. Bob said:
I'll buy the calender. I got an idea, drive all you Ferrari's to the netherlands, and dirk and I will photograph the heck out of it :D
Or, drive to North Carolina and I'll take the pics. :D My camera has the ability to take pics in such a way that 20 inch x 30 inch printouts look good. :green:
That and I need the practice.
How about you fly to the UK and take some pictures of Bazil's car for him!! :D

How about you aring paying my ticket, and I'll be flying to the UK, Don't want to pay the planeticket? Boat is fine too :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We've got another one! I sent out some PMs to some of the owners and 355GTB replied saying he's in!
So the calendar cars so far are:
Pete04222, red 308 GTS
Bazil, red 348TS
355GTB, yellow 355 GTB

Can't wait to add more to the list! I think it will be an awesome calendar!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,082 Posts
well lets take it more easy then
euro guys, come to the Spa Ferrari Days, and i'll get the pics that are neeeded, Spa has beautifull surroundings
american guys, get to the Ferrari Special at Monterey in August, and i'll shoot the other pics :green:
that way i can have lot's of fun :wink:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We've got 2 more Ferraris for the calendar! Ze_Shark chimed in and is going to supply pics of both his cars! When he wrote me he was like "Which one do you want, the 355 or the 550?" Gee, um, tough choice. I'll take both! Thanks Shark!!!

So the list so far:
Pete04222, red 308 GTS
Bazil, red 348TS
355GTB, yellow 355 GTB
ze_shark, blue 355 GTS
ze_shark, titanium 550

Almost halfway there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Pete04222 said:
We've got 2 more Ferraris for the calendar! Ze_Shark chimed in and is going to supply pics of both his cars! When he wrote me he was like "Which one do you want, the 355 or the 550?" Gee, um, tough choice. I'll take both! Thanks Shark!!!

So the list so far:
Pete04222, red 308 GTS
Bazil, red 348TS
355GTB, yellow 355 GTB
ze_shark, blue 355 GTS
ze_shark, titanium 550

Almost halfway there!
I have a 2000 360Modena in a rare color Rosso Dino and black interrior. Would you be intersted? I am having problem posting a high-res picture.

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,082 Posts
4i2fly said:
I have a 2000 360Modena in a rare color Rosso Dino and black interrior. Would you be intersted? I am having problem posting a high-res picture.

Cheers,
A MODENA IN ROSSO DINO???????????????????????

OOOOH
THATS SWEET
i haven't seen a modena in that color yet, and i've seen a lot

how big is the pic?
else mail it to me and i'll post it for you

normally you just need to click the add an attachement button on the reply page, then select it from your HD, click and and post your message
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I tried but kept getting an error message to contact the admin to post the picture. I will e-mail you a picture after I give it a try one more time! The attachment is bigger than 500K, that's why! Look for my e-mail.

Cheers,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
4i2fly said:
I have a 2000 360Modena in a rare color Rosso Dino and black interrior. Would you be intersted? I am having problem posting a high-res picture.

Cheers,
Am I interested!?! Yes!!! Absolutely!!!! I see you are new to the Forum, Welcome! I hope you plan on checking in and posting often. Where are you located? By all means try and get a pic of your car in the garage section so we can all drool over it.

As for the calendar photo, we are still on the ground floor of this project so I don't need pictures yet. I was thinking somewhere around August I'll be looking to collect photos. That should give us all plenty of time to go out and get our best "Calendar picture". I look forward to seeing what ze_shark is going to provide for pics, he's in Switzerland and from what he's posted in the garage section we could make a calendar with just his pictures.

And Dirk,
What do you mean "ooh common"? Since when is ANY Ferrari "common". :green: :green: Actually, the 246 is one of my favorite Ferraris and I would love to see one in the calendar. But like I said, I want this to be OUR calendar with OUR Ferraris in it. I don't believe I've seen a FF user with a 246. Maybe you ought to go get one. :green:
 
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Top