Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Typical question for an american :oops:
If you are objective enough and have not patriotting feelings i have a question for you! :wink:
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE :green:
YOU ARE AMONG PEOPLE WHO LIVE FERRARI :eek:
I drive a 328 gts black/white '86
Never came to my mind that there was another car to be considered :evil:
Please see a doctor and if you don't have the ferrari desease,
Buy a corvette and be happy :eek:ha:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yep, I don't like americain CARS!!!! :evil:
American people are ok, as long as they love Italian cars :eek:
Seen the doctor already :wink:
And what did he say? :lol:

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Mr. Green said:
It sounds like you don't like Americans!
LOL
He is saying this all in good fun. Have to know him to know this is just EBRINKS.

As he stated this IS a Ferrari site so most will say get the Ferrari over the Vette. I know I would. While the 2003 Vette will out perform the Ferrari I think the Ferrari has more to offer overall. The joy of driving it, the interior is far better than the Vette (I hate the 4 spoke steering wheel, and the seats aren't as supportive as a sports car seat should be). This is of course IMHO.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hey EBRINK!! I, as an American, will not say that I dislike American cars.
I will merely state that my love and passion for Ferrari simply outweighs my like of American autos. :wink:

Mr. Green, you are in SoCal (at least that's what's under your id), Corvette's and Ferrari's are pretty common there right? A Corvette may outperform an older Ferrari, but the Ferrari has way more class. A Ferrari also has more history. It's all up to you and what your heart desires. If you buy one and are unhappy, will you be able to switch, or will you be stuck with a car you dislike? (Get a good used Ferrari)

Just my opinion!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
guys, don't worry about ebrink, he's dutch, so he can't help it
don't blame him for beeing dutch :p :wink: :green:

but i kinda agree with him, i'm not a big fan of american cars either
ok certain cars i like, but most of them i don't
including the vette (not including the 1957 version)

biggest problem with the vette is that it doesn't have enough style and it's cheap inside.
but that's just my crazy opinion :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Guys
Don't worry at all about dj dirk!
He is from belgium en thinks he can make smart comments on ferrari's :lol: :lol:
I as a dutch guy who is keen on his money [tipical dutch] can do better :wink:
Dj Dirk drives a volkswagen golf :-? :-? :-?
Enough said i think
My maine purpose succeeded, to wake mr green up and activate the forum :green:
Wonder who has the guts to post a reply, without thinking that i am pulling his leg :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mr. Green,
ever thought that your question never can be answered in a serious way?
It's like going to a Ferrari dealer and ask him the same thing?
What do you gess his answer will be?
Right this bet is won by me, send me a tray of beer please ASAP! :D
Now going to a vet dealer, same question! Answer?
Right another tray of beer please! :D
Now on the forum of the vet same question!
Answer? Right again a tray of beer please :p
Conclusion, send me three trays of beer, buy a ferrari, and have a good lough about a silly mistake :stupid:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Anyways :roll: , I would choose the Ferrari for obvious reasons. It just has more class and is even cooler looking than the 'vette. :eek:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The difference is too far to make any reasonable comparison. Buy the Corvette if you like comfort and a car that easy to run and maintain. But get the Ferrari if if you lust for a Ferrari.

I had a 1989 328GTS before and I loved it. It has low running cost and an enjoyable car to own. I've gone through a F355 and currently on a 360 and come March, a Stradale. But then I'm passionate about Ferrari. I will have other cars but I will always have a Ferrari.

If you go for the 328 you have to be able to live with the 80's technology. A lot of people buy an old Ferrari and expect it to have all the modern car options. Be aware or otherwise stick to the Corvette.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
EBRINK said:
Guys
Don't worry at all about dj dirk!
He is from belgium en thinks he can make smart comments on ferrari's :lol: :lol:
I as a dutch guy who is keen on his money [tipical dutch] can do better :wink:
Dj Dirk drives a volkswagen golf :-? :-? :-?
Enough said i think
My maine purpose succeeded, to wake mr green up and activate the forum :green:
Wonder who has the guts to post a reply, without thinking that i am pulling his leg :p
Never a dull moment. I guess your comments are smart? haha...belly laugh :green:

He [Mr-on-the-BRINK-of-bankruptcy-for-poor-money-management] has a good point about the beer, I'd like some trays too. However, lets try to answer his question (I think Stradale hit this one on the head) while being sarcastic. Of course you're going to get a biased opinion this being a Ferrari site. Question I have. What do you want in an automobile? 0-60 times? Go with the Vette. Fun driving? Ferrari. Ownership of something VERY special? Ferrari. Comfort and options? Vette. Make a scale of things you want and see which tips it more.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The corvette is surely a functional car, yet it is one of the ugliest cars on the road today. It is up there with the Pontiac Aztek, Honda Element Chevy Avalanche, Cadillac CTS, and Lexus SC-430. If you want a car with character, get a Ferrari. If you want a fast daily driver, get a corvette.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mr. Green said:
What would you rather own and why?
Think resale.

5 years from now the 328 will be worth $45K

The vette will be worth $25 and there will be 7000 to choose from.

Ferrari if you care about money long term.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Azzurro California 575M said:
The corvette is surely a functional car, yet it is one of the ugliest cars on the road today. It is up there with the Pontiac Aztek, Honda Element Chevy Avalanche, Cadillac CTS, and Lexus SC-430. If you want a car with character, get a Ferrari. If you want a fast daily driver, get a corvette.
I don't think the Corvette is in the same category as the Asscrap, Hellament, (Shoulda been hit by an)Avalanche, PEE-TS, or the Hexus S(hitty)C(ar)-430.
I think the Vette does look good. Not as good as a 550 though, but not nearly as bad as those you mentioned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
;-) how about a 2002 lotus esprit and a 1990 ferrari testarossa? they are about the same price and both look very awesome. i heard the lotus v-8 are very reliable unlike the old 4-cylinder models. don't know about the testarossa.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I think the Corvette is the best value for the money of any performance car around. That said, I drive a 550.

8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Mr. Green
I had a 2002 Z06 and I beat Ferraris and Porsches on the autobahn and Nurburgring, so what!
The Z06 is the best bang for the buck sports car in the world, so what!
Did I also look at buying an 80 something Ferrari instead of a 50 grand Chevy, heck yes! But I needed a daily driver with a warranty that could also be a toy on the weekends. My Ferrari passion burns deep in my soul and someday soon I will have a Ferrari. If all you care about is bang for the buck then the vette is for you, but if passion is your main motivator then you know what you need to do.

Hello Everybody, this is my first post!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts