Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you pay 5k to gain 20Hp??? How - re-mapping ECU with factory mapping, directly from Ferrari.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Would you pay 5k to gain 20Hp??? How - re-mapping ECU with factory mapping, directly from Ferrari.
NO... unless it was part of a stepping stone needed to achieve a real level of performance gain. In other words, if i paid $3k for lightweight flywheel and clutch which handles 650 TQ... that may make little sense. But it makes perfect sense when it is NEEDED for adding a supercharger as the stock clutch can not handle the added power.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I don't think I would pay the 5k for a 20 hp gain either. The car is powerful enough as is. Doing this upgrade will not really increase the value of the car. Having said that, if it will increase YOUR enjoyment of the car and you can afford it, then by all means go for it. You won't get the money back when you go to sell the car, but your car might sell quicker than a same priced car that doesn't have this upgrade. Or it might not sell as quick due to the fact the used Ferrari buyers prefer all original, unmodified cars. (That leaves you holding an expensive toy Steven! :) )

Personally, I only do repairs that are needed. Example, if the exhaust failed I might upgrade it to a Tubi or something else since I have to change it anyway. Better sound and more power is a bonus. When the points on my car failed I upgraded it to electronic ignition. That was to increase reliability, any performance gains are a bonus. I would never look at a perfect Ferrari and say, "You know, I think that car needs 20 more hp." and dump 5k into it. But that's me. If it is worth it to you than it is worth it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for the advice...and for the 1st reply, no it isn't needed to acheive a higher standard, it's just an easy 20 Hp, rear wheel, for 5k. They re-map your ecu back to the standard mapping directly from Ferrari.

·
Registered
293 Posts
thx for the advice...and for the 1st reply, no it isn't needed to acheive a higher standard, it's just an easy 20 Hp, rear wheel, for 5k. They re-map your ecu back to the standard mapping directly from Ferrari.
Waste of money IMO unless you are truly racing the car and the race officials allow such mods in the rules. The added 20HP is virtually undetectable when one compares the overall power-to-weight ratio. Consider adding a blower with low(ish) boost, THEN remap the ecu accordingly on a dyno.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i dont think id change anything on a ferrari, mabye a new exhaust but thats it.

i heard the new F430 convertibles have plastic windows, id probably put a glass one in. i hate plastic windows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts