Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my buddies has a 328 and he stopped by today and we took a couple of photos of his car with my 308. We had a great time shooting the breeze and snapping these pics. He's got a beautiful car. That is my house in the background. His name is Pete also. He is Dr. Pete, DMD. So you now have Capt. Pete and Dr. Pete.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
nice!! his car looks great, but I prefer your 308

don't know why, but to me the design of the 328 doesn't seem so tight as the design of the 308

did you invite Dr. Pete to our forum?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice pictures. Seeing the two cars together gives me a good feel for the difference between 308 & 328. They differ by more than 20 I think. I prefer the 308's look to any Ferrari, including the F355.

BTW I was hoping for hot women posing with the Ferraris. :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
WOW! Thats great there Capt Pete. Im drooling over here.

Next time I see a title like this I expect the secnd Ferrari to be yours. ;)

No pressure.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you invite Dr. Pete to our forum?
Yes, of course I did. But he says he doesn't go online much. He's very busy and he has to work everyday unlike myself. :) I was lucky to get him to stop by today. I'd like to get back together with him and re-do the nose-to-nose photo and do it with a black background, indoors, and have my wife take the photos with all her studio lights.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent photos, you obviously had fun taking them.
Must admit I'm surprised to at how purer the 308 looks as I really like the 328.
Yeah, Dr. Pete and I spent some time comparing the 2. The nose on the 308 seems to have higher wheel arches and a deeper dip towards the front. The 328 interior is far superior, as is the engine.

So I guess the windshield is the dividing point. Forward of the windshield I like the 308 best, behind the windshield the 328 is best.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, the other thing we noticed was that the colors are slightly different. It is hard to tell in the pictures but my 308 is a darker shade. Dr. Pete's 328 is a brighter red.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Really cool.....

Hope some day I get to have mine sitting next to yours and have pictures to prove it.....

Sweet...

~

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting that both are GTSs and are in Maine.
What is even more interesting is that, in addition to owning similar cars, we both have the same first name and middle name, we are both left-handed, we both spent our younger years boating in the same waters (He had a picture on his office wall of the island where his parents have a cottage and I recognised the island. He was like, "You are the only person to ever have recognised the island in that photo.) When I showed him my house he was like, "That is the same granite countertop I have in my kitchen. As we walked around the house he was like, "Yup, I have that, I have that." We both have outdoor firepits, we are both planning on building 26'x40' heated workshops with a 2 post lift. It is spooky how much we have in common. It's like we are twins that were separated at birth. We even wear the same beard. We both wear glasses.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Dr. Pete and I spent some time comparing the 2. The nose on the 308 seems to have higher wheel arches and a deeper dip towards the front. The 328 interior is far superior, as is the engine.
The other thing we noticed is that while you can change the timing belts on a 308 with the engine in place, you cannot on a 328. The engine needs to come out.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Pete u can get along with just about anybody ;-)
It really speaks for your caracter, which must be cool and freindly.

I must express the schock I felt when I found out the 328 belt changing procedure.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pete u can get along with just about anybody ;-)
It really speaks for your caracter, which must be cool and freindly.
My secret is that I treat everyone the same. You can be the King or you can be the Cook. You will get the same amount of respect from me. As long as you haven't done anything to lose my respect. Everyone I meet starts out on a level playing field.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My secret is that I treat everyone the same. You can be the King or you can be the Cook. You will get the same amount of respect from me. As long as you haven't done anything to lose my respect. Everyone I meet starts out on a level playing field.
You'v got my respect for the way you treat ppl.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
What is even more interesting is that, in addition to owning similar cars, we both have the same first name and middle name, we are both left-handed, we both spent our younger years boating in the same waters (He had a picture on his office wall of the island where his parents have a cottage and I recognised the island. He was like, "You are the only person to ever have recognised the island in that photo.) When I showed him my house he was like, "That is the same granite countertop I have in my kitchen. As we walked around the house he was like, "Yup, I have that, I have that." We both have outdoor firepits, we are both planning on building 26'x40' heated workshops with a 2 post lift. It is spooky how much we have in common. It's like we are twins that were separated at birth. We even wear the same beard. We both wear glasses.
that's really spooky! you and Dr. Pete are the same! hehehehehe or almost!

if I were you, I would at least shave that beard to make some differences appear

not sure if I would like the idea of having someone just like me hehehehehe

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
that's really spooky! you and Dr. Pete are the same! hehehehehe or almost!

if I were you, I would at least shave that beard to make some differences appear

not sure if I would like the idea of having someone just like me hehehehehe

What would be really spooky is if the Capt shaved his beard and then found out the Doc did the same, at the same time. Then we would definately be in the twighlight zone!! :eek:

But having said that I have always thought that having a beard for a Capt is mandatory! So I am divided now :( Maybe the Capt can get the Doc to shave his beard and then see if he feels like shaving his.

No offence Capt! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts