Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dudes,

I am a proud owner of a 1999 Ferrari Maranello 550. A couple of months back it met with an accident in which it came under a truck. According to my mechanic the engine is undamaged, it's only the body which is damaged. I would like to know which workshops would be best to bring my Ferrari back to as it was - almost new.

Waiting for your soonest replies.

Thanking you,
Mohammed A.

Note: I am ready to ship my car anywhere (Europe, US, Gulf...) as long as excellent work is guaranteed. I also want to tune my Ferrari a bit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That is too bad, you have my sympathy. Most times really good shops are known more by word-of-mouth than advertising or gimicks. I would ask other high end car owners if they have ever had any paint work done, where was it done, and how happy are they with the work? Ferrari bodies are mostly aluminum, and it takes some special skills to work with it. If it's just replacing panels that's not too bad. But if there will be any "massaging" needed you will need to find "craftsman" who can handle the job. Once you find a shop, ask for references of previous work....look around the place. How clean is it? How organized? I'm sorry I don't have a specific answer to your question, these are just general guidelines to help you in your search. Hopefullys somebody knows of a good shop near you and will speak up. Good Luck with your repairs.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
ask ferrari of NA, and they have numerous references: you would be surprised how many NEW Ferraris are getting body work done before a new sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts