Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any problems specific to the early 360 F1s' that one should be aware of? I am looking at a well maintained and documented, low mileage 1999 coupe that appears to be in fantastic condition, but have some lingering concerns regarding this being "first year" car.
I gather that there is a gearbox ECU update that I should find out about...anything else ???

Many thanks,

D A B

·
Registered
613 Posts
Pesto said:
Are there any problems specific to the early 360 F1s' that one should be aware of? I am looking at a well maintained and documented, low mileage 1999 coupe that appears to be in fantastic condition, but have some lingering concerns regarding this being "first year" car.
I gather that there is a gearbox ECU update that I should find out about...anything else ???

Mant thanks,

D A B
all I know is that 'low mileage' is not always good! Low mileage means it hasn't been driven. Oil and rubber suffer from that. Also if there are problems, they haven't shown yet...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Pesto said:

Mant thanks,

D A B
Yes there's an gearbox ECU upgrade that'll cost about $900 and there a recall on the camshaft variator, which you should get for "free". But check with the dealer that sold the car because they'll have the list of the cars that are recalled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have bought a 1999 Modena Coupé this january from an official dealer with all updates done and it works absolutely great! Do it and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
rauss said:
I have bought a 1999 Modena Coupé this january from an official dealer with all updates done and it works absolutely great! Do it and enjoy!
That's the way.

Welcome rauss. You must be enjoying the car tremendously! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
:D Yes, I am delighted to drive it in Switzerland and also in the rest of Europe... I drove it recently on the famous track of Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium - what a pleasure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts