Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Easy,
That is one SWEET car!!! That paint job is immaculate. At least in SoCal you will be able to drive your new baby all winter. Are you using it as a daily driver or a toy?
Welcome to the forum and be sure to share with us some of your Ferrari adventures!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Easy,
Wonderful car. Those tires certainly fill in that space. They are wider than the factory tire, aren't they? I agree with Pete, that paint job looks perfect. Have you seen "Scent of a Woman"? If you are ever pulled over (knock on wood) just say, "Don't she purr though."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys.

Yes, the paint is perfect. It seems like you can just reach your hand right through it looks so deep.

The rear tires are much wider. I think 225's were standard. The original rims along with brand new tires came with the car also but I put them in my storage area. I was wondering if people would like the non-standard wheels. Personally, I love them, not having been a Ferrari purist before buying the car, I don't have a sense that only original issue will do.

I saw "Scent of a Woman" and remember the car scenes but it was so long ago that I did not know it was the same car. I will have to go back and watch it again.

I plan to be somewhare in the middle regarding how often I drive it. I think I will drive it to work about 2 times per week on average. Less in the winter and more in the warmer weather. The round trip is about 70 miles and I would like to keep the mileage to about 7k per year. It currently has 33,001 miles on it.

Thanks for your comments. I look forward to sharing experiences here.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Hello Ron
So have you been enjoying the car??
Do you have the stereo installed?

and yes Pacino drives a Mondial T Cabrio in the movie

BTW can you still get me that close-up of the rim emblem??
i'm really curious about it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Dirk,

I will take a closer up picture of the rims and email it to you. It looks like a Swiss Flag on the emblem.

Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dirk,

Sorry, I forgot to answer the other questions.

I really have enjoyed the car as much as the weather would allow over the past 3 weeks. It has rained a lot here and right now the left rear window does not go up and the heater is malfunctioning so I am only driving it on clear, warmer days.

The prior owner had a $4k sound system installed so I have really enjoyed that. It has a 12 CD changer, 6 or 8 custom speakers including re-fabricating the back panels by the rear seats where the biggest speakers go and a satellite radio with a single CD player in the dash and it controls the changer. The first week I upgraded the dash unit to one that also plays MP3's plus I added a new alarm system.

The little black bubble you see behind the top on the side photo is the antenna for the satellite receiver. It is not drilled through the metal, though. It sits on top and is held by a magnet, I think.

·
Registered
139 Posts
LOVE YOUR BABY

:p :p Hi Easy rider ,,beautifull mondial,Ive been looking at the 3.2 mondial for about a year now,i am goinging to buy one in may..its in great shape 50,000 miles he has some recolds.. I shall have the mecanic take the car out for me and if he gives it the thumbs up.ill take it ..I woiuld think,depending on recolds it might need the 3,000 mil tune up and then the big one at 60,000. We shall see..if this car is still available in march i shall give him a deposit to hold the car..I know it is close to needing rear tires . I plan to drive the car about 3,000 a year ,as that is what my weekend car gets driven now..Have fun with your new baby,Mick..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of your comments. 8) 8) 8)

I really appreciate them.

Mick I know you will love your car. Don't worry if you don't get that one. There are others available.

Best regards,

Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations Mick, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. it looks like you moved your timetable up a bit. I don't blame you. Ther Ferrari bug bites pretty hard. I am already planning my second F car, maybe next year.
Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts