Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again,
I am also looking at a 1982 Mondial. Opinions on this car would also be appreciated. Thanks.
Jeffrey

·
Registered
52 Posts
1987 Mondial Cab

I love the car. I understand that there were many improvements over the 1982. However, I also understand that the earlier models are great vehicles. Drive it and see what you think. Good price, go for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mondial QV Available

Me again,
I am also looking at a 1982 Mondial. Opinions on this car would also be appreciated. Thanks.
Jeffrey
Jeffrey -

I have an '83 Mondial QV Coupe coming up for sale, probably next week.
Red/tan, less than 19,7XX original miles.
The major service (and a few other tidbits) are being done as I write, err, type this.

Located in Delray Beach, FL.

Feel free to contact me should this interest you.
Thanks!

Howie

·
Registered
3 Posts
wait for an 83

I have never driven an 82 but what I have read the 83 QV is a much more responsive (read faster too!) car with the extra 2 cams and 16 valves, and worth the few extra bucks. I own an 83 QV, Euro version and it is a joy to drive.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I have never driven an 82 but what I have read the 83 QV is a much more responsive (read faster too!) car with the extra 2 cams and 16 valves, and worth the few extra bucks. I own an 83 QV, Euro version and it is a joy to drive.
I would have to agree, the QV model I think is the way to go. However, follow your heart and get what you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where are the extra 2 cams? Aren't both the mondial 8 and qv are quadcam engines?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mondial QV

The QV has 4 valves per cylinder. More HP and Torque. The QV is the better choice. Check the fuse box, 1. see if has the spade type fuses, 2. see if the fuel pump relay has been relocated.
Work the windows, most are slow, my driver's side was not working. I had to install a pair of relays to get the window motor to work.
Good luck, great cars.

Charles

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I recommend at least a QV. You will appreciate he increase in responsiveness from the 2 valve engines. The Mondials are the most versatile Ferraris ever. I still miss mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll chime in a bit late.
Depends what you want the car for - the Mondial is a great small GT. As said, if you are looking for a drive every day and not a race guy, the 2 valve may be a great bargain for what you want.
As for things to look for -
cycle every switch and electrical component - every one - twice
examine the fusebox: look at the fuse contacts, then pull and examine the vertically oriented white connector on the most inboard side of the box. This is a common place for burn throughs.
check an hot restart after sitting for 20 minutes.
Check the date on the tires if it still has TRX tires. These are an expensive replacement item.

best of luck and have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts