Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am a new ferrari owner and new to the forum, so I hope I'm in the right area.
I recently purchased a 1980 308GTS (my long time dream car) from a gentleman who imported the vehicle from the UK to Australia. To register the vehicle in NSW, Australia I had to get it engineer approved. The main problem was that it did not have a carbon pollution cannister being a european model. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so where did you obtain the parts? I was told by the engineer that the last ferrari he engineered had a jap car cannister fitted. The next problem I had was that the vehicle ran quite hot on the trip (encountering a bit of traffic on the 50 mile round trip), with the temperature rising to about 225 (dropping back to 200 when back on the highway). It is full of coolant, however the thermo fans don't appear to kick in until 200 (which according to the owners manual is about 25 too high). Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Regards
Argento308

·
Registered
54 Posts
It could be as simple as an over-reading gauge!

Maybe the gauge shows 25F too much and the fans kick in at the right time. These gauges are notoriously inaccurate.

Check them by putting the sensor in boiling water. Should be 100C (at sea level), or at least pretty close to that.

Congratulations, by the way!

Hans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts