Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Spasso said:
My old 308.
Do you mean it's old, or that you don't have it anymore?

Looks really nice in yellow - although I think the 308 would look good in just about any colour!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thanks for the tips, Spasso. I've copied them for my reference. Unfortunately I may nto be able to get the chemical/products that you use, but I'll search for them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bazil said:
Spasso said:
My old 308.
Do you mean it's old, or that you don't have it anymore?

Looks really nice in yellow - although I think the 308 would look good in just about any colour!!
Meaning it's old, 25 years old. I still have it.

DJ

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stradale said:
Thanks for the tips, Spasso. I've copied them for my reference. Unfortunately I may nto be able to get the chemical/products that you use, but I'll search for them.
I don't know where you are located but Simple Green is found in hardware stores and do-it-yourself stores like Home Depot. The aluminum brightner should be fairly common in auto parts stores. Just look for the key ingredients. Don't use it on polished aluminum.

I have also been told NOT to use orange based cleaner on aluminum as it causes crystalization in the surface of the alumionum leading to stress risers.

Hope this helps.

DJ

·
Registered
575 Posts
Nice to see you here DJ!

To the others on the board, please welcome this friend of mine. He is an active member of the Northwest Region of the FCA and we often meet up at our club's events. His 308 is gorgeous. He we are together at an event hosted by one of the club's I belong to:

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adlinyusman said:
yellow looks good. Is it a factory colour or did you get it painted yourself?
The car was repainted in the 1980's due to bad primer from the factory, (so I'm told) to Shell racing Yellow, a rather heavy yellow with orange in it. It was then repainted again (when unknown) to the current lighter canary color you see now.

The color looks darker than it really is in the first pictures I posted because of the dark and gloomy day they were taken. On a sunny day the color hurts my eyes.

DJ

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bob,
I like them too but I don't fit in them very well. I am about 6'3" and it is rather claustrphobic with the top on. That and the backs of my knees hit the steering wheel when I am trying to 'Heel and Toe'. Have to sit like a frog, can't straighten my left leg unless I put my foot behind the clutch pedal etc...........

If I had it to do over? I would have bought the car anyway.

All it needs is another 100 horse power.............................

DJ

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is the run down,
Horsepower/torque at the rear tires.

Steve:1978 308- 158.4/145.3
DJ: 1979 308- 176.5/158.2 (Ansa)
Caleb: 1979 308- 154.6/161.7
Lem: 1980 308- 159/142
Gary: 1983 BB512i- 260.8/283.4
Dave: 1987 328- 218/185.8
Eric: 2001 456M- 371/359
Tim: 2004 360F1- 333/237.6 (Capristo)

All had stock exhausts, except the two noted.

Some corrections,
My car is actually a '78, Ansa, no cats. 14.5 air/fuel ratio, too lean.
Lem's car is running an Ansa with cats I believe.

DJ

1 - 20 of 32 Posts