Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not able to find the timing belts to raplace on my 308.
They are not stock ( see picture ) can anybody help ?
Alessandro

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
you got to pay to play man...half assing it now will only lead to permature failure down the road and that is the last thing you want to fail...rebuilding that engine will cost way more then replacing the tensioners and pullys...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know.. I know.. but my pulleys and belts are far better than stock.
I don't like to spend many go backward ...

·
Registered
167 Posts
who's system are you using (hill engineering?)

The photo looks like the pullys are very similar to the drysump cogged belts on a formula ford/formula 1500 you may want to look at pegasus racing http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/ those guys have everything

·
Registered
177 Posts
How are the pullys differn't than stock? Diameter? # of teeth? Whats is exactly the differance? Be very specific.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I do know of a person in Sacramento that has similar belts on his 308 which he also designed for a 328 in his CAD SC kits.

pm/email me and I'll put you in touch with him.

but those belts DO look worn...be careful...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok , they are standard industrial timming belts ,, try an industrial bearing company , they should have a next day service , all you need is the , belt width ,number of teeth ,tooth pitch .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you all ,
here attached is a better drawing i took from the pulleys.
I think it's a standard HTD profile and discovered it was designed by GoodYear in 1976.
I am wayting for an answer from Gates they are very nice and competent !
I think i will install PowerGrip GT2 960-8MGT-30 or may be better matching PowerGrip HTD 960-8M-30 industrial products. They should be rated for 20000 rpm. Any draw back ?
thanks again...

alessandro

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts